Menu
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 88 (556 Views)

Re: No service abroad

Rich   It seems that these data roaming problems only occur on the pay monthly sims and not on the PAYG ones ? I think I read somewhere here that this  is to prevent anyone working up excessive charges and getting a shock when they get back etc. As I understand it there is a cap on the amount anyone can spend anyway and also with the new EU regs this is now more controllable ..... therefore shouldn't the default be to allow DATA roaming as well as voice and texts the same as the PAYG ones ?  BTW I did phone before I went abroad and was also told all roaming was OK .... surely those on the help lines should be made aware that roaming activation  means ALL ACCESS and not just voice and texts .   As has been said before other service providers don't  have these problems and it appears that they are unique to VM !

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 52 of 88 (528 Views)

Dear Virgin Mobile

I've got currently the same issue when being in Latvia. My roaming has been turned on ages ago via my VM account online, the roaming is on on my phone, however the 3g is still not working. Please advise, as I will be travelling for a long period of time now, and the ability to use the data abroad (in the EU) is crucial for me.

I also got a text message from you guys upon my arrival to Latvia, saying: "Welcome to Latvia. Great news if you've got a monthly allowance of texts, minutes or data, you can use it here at no extra cost.........(the rest of the message is not relevant)" seems like its not the case unfortunately..

Best Regards
Tatiana
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 53 of 88 (524 Views)

Hi Stephen_B

i tried all of this abroad, France, and it did not work. After 4-5 calls to Virgin...still no joy. Can Virgin please please please look into their problem. It worked fine when I used to buy a pass

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 54 of 88 (485 Views)

Hi Tatiana,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're not able to access your 3G mobile data in Latvia.

I believe this has been resolved since posting. If not, please follow the below steps.

If you want to use mobile data then you need to make sure data roaming is activated on the handset itself for this to work. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If you still can't get data then you need to update the APN settings. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Kindod - I see from your post here you're back home. I'm sorry you weren't able to get a resolution to this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 55 of 88 (415 Views)

Hi Virgin,

I'm in Lithuania with no service, unable to connect - or find - a network and cannot make or receive calls. Had the same problem in October last year from Spain.

International call barring is off and roaming is on in MyAccount. Restarted phone, hard refresh, battery out etc. No joy. I did just switch roaming on on my phone settings when I arrived - don't know if that affects it?

Can someone please look at this for me?

Thanks

Graeme
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 88 (413 Views)

Hi Rich,

In answer to your questions, yes,I can call and text. As I said in my post, I was talking to CS while I was in France. With regard to Yahoo mail, I was using that as an example of the type response I get when I try to connect to the internet, not just Yahoo specifically. To be clear, I cannot connect to the internet in any way. I was advised to enter the APN settings manually after I tried the automatic method you mentioned and it also failed to work. Data and roaming are definitely enabled on the handset and I've re-started it numerous times. I can't see why the local host would be blocking data to me but not my colleagues on the same local network..? The only difference is they are on a different 'home' provider to Virgin. 

Angus.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 57 of 88 (403 Views)

Hi Angus,

I'm sorry that you are still having a problem connecting to your data roaming while abroad.

Please PM me with the following details so that I can look into this further for you.:

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 58 of 88 (403 Views)

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. Is this working for you now?

Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers or you can find your handset on our following website to have the configuration settings for mobile internet sent to your phone:  Online Send Phone Settings. If your handset isn’t on this list, you will need to manually reset the APN settings.

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you. 

Please PM me with the following details:

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 59 of 88 (366 Views)

Hi Angus,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I have reset this on your account. It can take up to 24 hours for this to update on the network.

Just reboot your handset and retry.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 88 (354 Views)

Hi Terri,

Thanks for doing that, I have rebooted my phone as advised.

I'll be in France one day next week, let's see if it makes a difference this time. 

Angus.

0 Kudos