Re: No service abroad

none of this works

0 Kudos
andydd
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Me too..My advice dont take a Virgin phone abroad and expect it to work..I had it for two years running..I give up with them.

crusty
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Well, I had hoped that come June and the end of roaming as we know it in the EU that this would be fixed.

Unfortunately not, as I was back in France last week and it is still the same. I can't get internet on Virgin. My phone is set up for it, my account is set up for it but it doesn't work. The phone connects to the local networks, I can call and text but no internet.  My colleague, who is with a different provider, doesn't have this problem. His phone connects to the internet on the same networks so it's not a problem there, as was suggested to me previously.

This has been going on for months now. 

Anyone...?

0 Kudos
Ross5
Joining in
Message 24 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Been in Spain two days can't make calls
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spenguin,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post. We ask that you not make multiple posts regarding the same issue, because this can cause a delay receiving a response from the Forum Team. 

I have received your private message and will respond via PM as I'll need to verify further information with you. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Hi crusty,

I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service in France. Have you been able to get this working since your post?

Please have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you. 

Please PM me with the following details:

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ross5,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. Is this working for you now?

Please have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you. 

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
pastorsi
Joining in
Message 28 of 89
Flag for a moderator

My wife and I arrived in Italy on Tuesday. We traveled south to Slovenia, then Croatia then back to Slovenia and offer to Italy. We couldn't get internet access in either of pour phones in any of those countries at any time in spite of having registered for roaming before leaving the UK! I phoned for help every day, but the operators really had no idea about what to do about the problem. They just said, "We'll try this and see what happens." The problem then started to escalate, first we lost all in coming calls, then text and finally the ability to even call the help line. It's been a right mess and extremely disappointing. The help line operators clearly having no training or information about roaming connection problems.
0 Kudos
BrashJerk
Dialled in
Message 29 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath. Virgin Mobile are too incompetent to deal with this RECURRING ISSUE GOING BACK YEARS. Nobody from management has bothered to fix the process in enabling roaming. I'd be too ashamed to work for such an incompetent company with this same issue coming up daily and displayed to everyone on public forums like that. Virgin doesn't care and just fumble their way on through as normal and nobody does a thing to fix the root cause.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 89
Flag for a moderator

Hello Pastorsi, 

I'm very sorry to hear that both you and your wife haven't been able to use your roaming services abroad.

I appreciate this must be frustrating especially when wanting to keep in touch with friends and family whilst your away. 

If you are still having an issue with this then please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you. 

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos