Menu
Claireward
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No service abroad

I'm currently in portugal and can't get any service with my phone, I have emailed but not had a response yet...I tried to log in to my account but forgot the password, I was then sent a new password via text!! Which I can't access!!!!  

Does anyone one have any advice??? B

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No service abroad

bit hard to troubleshoot via the forum/community best advice would be to contact virgin mobile via -> +44 7953 967 967 also just to check if this phone is PAYG do you have enough credit in the phone?

and does it show a lock to a certain network? eg http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/callCosts.do?isoCountryCode=pt&paymentPlan=payMonthly&selectedNetwork...

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

bit hard to troubleshoot via the forum/community best advice would be to contact virgin mobile via -> +44 7953 967 967 also just to check if this phone is PAYG do you have enough credit in the phone?

and does it show a lock to a certain network? eg http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/callCosts.do?isoCountryCode=pt&paymentPlan=payMonthly&selectedNetwork...

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Claireward

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of trouble using your phone in Portugal.

Thanks to some top advice from paultechy, I'm hoping you're now up and running, but give us a shout if we can help out further.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
fran_fab
Settling in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello there,

I'm currently in Italy and am experiencing the same issue other people have complained about.

I've followed all the instructions, but no joy. I see there's one network I can connect to, but fail miserably every single time. Took the batter off already, and didn't work either.

I read that someone received an email which helped a great deal apparently. Could someone get in touch and sort this please?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fran_fab,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with roaming in Italy. I want to get this all sorted for you.

With regards to roaming, we would need to make sure that it's correctly enabled in the system on our side. Please give us a call on +447953967967 from any other phone for this.

The team can make sure that the network is correctly configured to allow your phone to roam. Give this a whirl and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fran_Fab,

Did you manage to give us a call with regards to the roaming?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos