Menu
Mariag64
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No roaming

Hi, i just got my virgin sim before leaving for Spain, and surprise, no roaming when I get to Spain. I am trying to create my mobile account to be able to set my mobile service for roaming but it just sends me back to checking that I am no robot. The numbers I am supposed to call are not accessible from abroad. How can I sort this out? Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No roaming

Hi Mariag64,

if you are a new pay monthly customer you need to have made three payments (three months) before roaming can be made active on your account or you may be asked for a £50 deposit.

For pay as you go customers, "roaming" is active by default on the account.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mariag64,

if you are a new pay monthly customer you need to have made three payments (three months) before roaming can be made active on your account or you may be asked for a £50 deposit.

For pay as you go customers, "roaming" is active by default on the account.

Mariag64
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How can I pay the £50 if I cannot register?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mariag64,

I'm unable to answer this (it's a shame that Virgin Mobile don't make this clause clearer / more visible for new pay monthly customers).

I can only suggest that if you are able to borrow the use of another phone that you give them a call (+447953 967 967).

whitelighter
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI id like to know if there is a way for me to top up my pay as you go sim while abroad??

0 Kudos
tamsyd
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

phoned and checked the £50 deposit and was told no worry as I am a virgin internet and land line user also!!!

no roaming... so what do I do as I have had you use a movistar sim card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tamsyd,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your roaming service while abroad. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

If you are still having an problem with this, please let me know. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos