Menu
Antonisrho
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No roaming data in Greece

Hi,

Like so many people here I also cannot seem to enable roaming data in Greece. I followed every step from suggestions in the forum, I restarted the device, reinstalled the APN s but still nothing. Can you please sort this out quickly as it is really? It is funny  how you always list charges and ways to pay in your FAQS but no useful information for a problem that so many people have.

I await your response hopefully before I get back to the UK!

0 Kudos
rusart
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No roaming data in Greece

Hi, I've got the same problem. Iam in Crete now. Tried all your advices nothing help. Just sort it out asap.
0 Kudos
Antonisrho
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also received a "welcome to Greece" text with a customer service number which...as expected....doesnt work (automated message stating system is busy try again later.) First terrible reception all over Edinburgh and now this! Such a bad choice switching to virgin mobile.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Antonisrho
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good news today, I called +44 345 454 1111 and the matter is now resolved. Aparently when we activate the roaming option in "my accoutn" we enable only the voice option and not the data. Customer service were quick enough and they enabled data roaming too. My data roaming was actually activated an hour later. Good news indeed!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rusart,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear you're also not able to get mobile data in Crete.

I'll send you a private message to see if I can get to the bottom of this for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rusart,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect back to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search is needed.

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
rusart
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorted. Thanks.
0 Kudos