Menu
GeoffForrester
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No roaming available in Sweden .

No coverage Networks show but not getting access. Phone and account set to allow roaming. Help

0 Kudos
GeoffForrester
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No roaming available in Sweden .

Phone Is Sony Xperia Z1 so can't remove battery for hard reset,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffForrester,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're not able to roam while in Sweden.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

It sounds as though roaming is not active as you are not able to select a network. Even though it may show active on Your Account it may not be active on the network side.

You can check roaming is active when you log into Your Account . Click on plans and devices then click the tab manage devices. Make sure roaming is set to on here. You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

If roaming is on it may be worth switching it off for a few minutes and then going back in to Your Account to switch it back on again. 

Once you have done the above I would reboot your phone and try again to connect to one of the networks.

If after completing these steps you still cant roam I would recommend calling our mobile team on +447953967967 from a working line so we can check this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
GeoffForrester
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Reset roaming online and on my phone. I'm away for another three weks so this is a big issue
No pay phones in Sweden so can't call help line
Hope you can do something your end. Wife phone has same issues
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffForrester,

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate this is a frustrating situation.

Gutted to hear what I've suggested hasn't sorted this for you.

Unfortunately due to security I am unable to make a change to your account over the forum as it would require DPA to make such a change as there is a potential to incur charges while roaming.

You would need to speak to our mobile team directly on +447953967967 for us to take a look at this for you.

Speak soon.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
GeoffForrester
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Back home now no mobile phone for a month. Roaming switched on before I left says it's on still.  Wife's phone also not worked but bought a Swedish SIM and airtime. We were wilderness canoeing so phone contact was vital for safety. Who do I contact to further my complaint?

Despite trying from various friendly Travel bureaus never able to get past "We're busy at the moment please call later"

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffForrester,

Thanks for coming back to meSmiley Happy

My sincere apologies you were unable to use roaming while in Sweden. Appreciate this was important for you.

I'd like to look into this for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some further details from you.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos