Menu
dcbeagle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No reception at home

I seldom get above 1 bar and on most occasions - nothing! I live in the south-east and I am apparently meant to get three to four bars. I am now not being able to search for the EE-service. I do get other networks listed. This may mean a change to another company.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No reception at home

The two-week grace period at the start of your minimum term is supposed to be there for you to identify issues like this. If you're still within your two weeks you should cancel immediately.

If it's an older contact and you've only just decided it's a problem or you just never got around to dealing with it, you're out of luck. If you want to cancel you can, but you'll have to pay off the balance.

If it used to work fine and now it's stopped, you're obliged to give Virgin the opportunity to fix the issue. Ring them, specify a date and tell them if it's not fixed you'll be cancelling. Record the call. If it's not fixed by your reasonable deadline, atop your direct debit then call to cancel. Tell them that they've failed to provide the contacted service and you won't be paying the remaining months. Ask for your PAC. Advise the operator that the DD has been cancelled so any outstanding charges such as roaming costs you'll pay when you get your bill. Record this call AND the call to your bank. You'll almost certainly need them if the operator decides to pass you on to debt management.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi dcbeagle,

you could look on the EE Network Status Checker to see if there are any known faults or maintenance work that may be effecting your signal strength.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

dcbeagle
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I do not want to leave this network. My contract is about to end at the end of the month.

0 Kudos
dcbeagle
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No network problems according to the web page.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dcbeagle,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with using your phone at home. I want to get this all sorted for you.

So I can do this, can you let me know your postcode? I'll run some checks on our internal system.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dcbeagle
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

GU47 8QQ - 0***********

I have been on the train today from Sandhurst to Great Malvern and when I searched for networks EE never appeared. There was Orange but it would not accept a connection.

I am off to Newcastle tomorrow until Friday evening and I will continue the network searches and see if there is a better response.

0 Kudos
dcbeagle
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I gave you the wrong number 0************. Now in Newcastle from the south of England and still no EE service appears on the screen. My account has not changed for the last six days so there is no communication at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi dcbeagle,

Many thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear it's still happening for you.

There should be a Virgin option too. Have you tried connecting to this?

If you're having trouble in South England and Newcastle then we can eliminate a mast problem. I suspect it's either a handset or SIM issue as it's happening in multiple areas.

To get this looked at you'd need to call the team on 789 from any Virgin Mobile, 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Alternatively, you can speak to our web chat team by following:-

Mobile > Mobile billing and payments > Chat online

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
dcbeagle
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good news. Visited Newcastle Virgin shop and changed the SIM card. Working again. Not home yet to test reception.

Thank you for your detailed advice.

Douglas
0 Kudos