Menu
Ged1980
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No phone signal

Been with virgin mobile mobile for 9 months now and always had a not bad signal but now indoors i have no signal and outdoors in my area can be hit and miss. 

I have tried a different sim in my phone from o2 and signal is strong so i know my phone is not the fault also other phones in my household have great signals from other operators.

I still have just over a year left on my contract and not happy having to pay £35 a month for a service i can't use if someone from virgin media can help me would be great 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone signal

Hi Ged1980,

try entering your postcode into the Virgin Mobile Coverage Checker to see how good the signal is supposed to be in your area.

Also try the EE service checker to see if there are any known faults that might account for your lack of service.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Ged1980
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi alexkid thanks for reply

No reports on EE site and on virgin site says i get a good signal which i checked when i went with virgin.

At first i could watch a youtube video or watch skygo on my phone and that was fine but now even useing sites like twitter will not load new tweets and will not show any pics ect and indoors i sit on emergency calls only. 

I am paying for unlimited everything as i use my phone a lot but last four weeks have been shocking and i have had to pop a payg sim into my phone to get use out of it and costing me more money 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ged1980,

it sounds like there may be a problem with your SIM and I would recommend you giving customer services a call on 789.

If you watch a lot of video using mobile data are you aware of Virgin's "fair usage" policy?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Ged1980
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will give virgin a call re sim as for watching a lot couple of hours a week youtube or live tv is not a lot but not being able to even load pics on sites or check my emails when i pay for unlimited does not seem right?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ged1980,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your mobile signal has suddenly become very poor.

I've checked the masts in your area and I can see one of them has been having trouble recently but it appears it's all up and running again now.

Hope this has made a massive improvement for you. If not, then please call the team for a SIM replacement as per AlexKid's advice.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Ged1980
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rich Thanks for your reply still having problems little or no signal indoors and problems outdoors i will ask for a new sim see if that helps 

0 Kudos