Menu
katz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No phone signal in ROI- why?

Please can anyone help? No way of emailing Virgin on site. Checked with Virgin before setting off that my phone would work abroad. Now in Republic of Ireland, no sign of a signal of any kind, all settings good to go (I think!), but no service. Other people round me using phones no problem. I am doing a cycling holiday alone and would feel far more comfortable with a working phone. Virgin, or anyone else familiar with the issue here (whatever it is) ' please can you help? Thanks.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone signal in ROI- why?

Have you enabled roaming on your phone.

reboot and do a manual network selection, any improvement?

0 Kudos
katz
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, tried this and although there is a visible 'signal' marker, I have no service other than emergency calls and there are no networks coming up on auto search or manual search. Everything is enabled that can be. I just want to be able to text my mum and let her know I got here ok. She doesn't do internet so I've sent an SMS but I just don't want to be non-contactable. I feel very let down by virgin as they prevent anyone contacting them by email so that is why I am posting here, as of course I cannot call 789 as my phone has no service. Virgin Where Are You please, this is my only way of reaching you.
0 Kudos
katz
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update- occasionally 3 and vidaphone ie come up on manual search but it says 'unable to connect" (3) or "your sim doesn't support this network (vphone) another network on there I never heard of and tried that but still no connection. It seems Virgin has nothing set up in the Republic of Ireland. I'll go and buy a prepaid sim from the Vidaphone shop tomorrow as Virgin seem to be unable to help, or even communicate, on this issue. Thanks John for trying- reckon it would work anywhere in the world but here!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that, I've used my virgin phone in Dublin and all along the south and west coast, but not for a couple of years so it may now be different.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi katz,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to use your mobile in Ireland. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. Has this been sorted for you?

I can check this for you, but I'm not able to access your account details. I will send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos