Menu
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

No phone signal and at best intermittent at home

For four days now my mobile phone signal has been at best intermittent at home (it's usually fine).

Describing it as intermittent is probably being very polite as 99.9% of the time I'm just left with "Searching..." in the top left corner of my phone. It sometimes suggests I have a signal, but it's impossible to connect to a call.

The issue is not device related as my wife is also with Virgin Mobile and she has the same problems once she is at home and my device is fine when I'm a certain distance from home.

It's clearly a local signal problem which does not affect the majority of Virgin Mobile/EE network, but nonetheless it doesn't make it any less frustrating when it means I don't have a signal at home.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone signal

Hi Fletch33,

you can enter your postcode into the EE service checker to see if there are any known faults: Service status

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thank Alex,

I did try that a few days ago and it came up with two local problems, one with 3 days estimate to fix and another with a longer one of 10+ (cannot remember exactly how long).

I've just checked and those issues have been cleared by EE and it now just states "We’re not aware of any network issues in the area you’ve searched. If there are problems, we’ll update this page as quickly as possible."

However the problem hasn't been fixed and I've tried the whole airplane mode and switching on and off stuff it suggests...despite knowing it's not a device issue as the wife (with a different phone) has the same issues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fletch33,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I've just checked this out for you and I can't see any issues on our side. How's it all looking for you currently? It does sound like there's an area issue. Let me know if all is well for you you. 

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the issue remains. It's very local, as when we are out and about we have normal service. But that doesn't really help when you have no signal at home for about a week.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I completely understand Fletch33.

I'll have a chat with a colleague regarding this to see if we can raise this to EE.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

We would both certainly appreciate that.

I understand that Virgin Mobile piggy back on the EE network, so long term that's the only route to eventually solve this issue. But it would be nice if Virgin Mobile, who are collecting money for a service that they're not providing very well acknowledged the fault.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Fletch33 Smiley Happy

As I mentioned, we use EE's internal diagnostic system. So for any fault to be acknowledged by us, it would need to be accepted by them first of all.

I'll keep you posted Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Well the problem with the network is certainly ongoing. Very frustrating that the process of highlighting the issue so it can be resolved is so slow, whilst we continue to pay for an inadequate service.

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Nearly missed the thread whilst flicking through the old pages due to the random change of thread title...

...anyway, EE are back to listing the fault after almost two weeks of problems.

"How long will it take to fix? We’re working with our partners to get this site fixed. This can typically take 5 – 12 days, but can take longer in some cases.We are working to restore service as quickly as possible, and will keep this page updated with the latest status.

So now that EE are registering the problem what now considering that will be close to a month of poor service from Virgin Media for myself and the wife 

0 Kudos