Menu
Tonyr47
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No phone reception in house

having just joined virgin I find I cannot get a signal at home even though their map says it should , that was the reason for leaving o2 . Also cannot contact cust service without paying as I have to use a landline 

and no chat facility on web VERY DISSAPOINTED

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone reception in house

Hi Tonyr47,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for getting in touch here to let us know about the problem with your mobile reception. I'm sorry that you are getting poor reception in your house.

Checking on the Virgin Mobile Coverage Checker  and the EE service checker to see what the signal in your area is showing or if there are any known network issues, I can see that the 4G signal is WEAK - Weak outdoor coverage, with no indoor coverage

3G shows: MODERATE - Your phone should work in limited outdoors and indoors areas. This does seem to reflect your experience, so it does sound like you will find 3G signal is tough to pick up in some places and 4G even worse. This could be due to your property being in what's called a 'blackspot'.

When you are away from home, does your phone get a signal? If your phone isn't picking up a signal at all, no matter where you are, then I can look into this further.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tonyr47
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I can get it away from home but that does not help me as I am at home most of the time 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tonyr47,

Thanks for getting back to me. I wanted to make sure this wasn't a faulty SIM causing the problem, but as you've confirmed you get a signal when away from home, this won't be caused by a faulty SIM.

The problem with the signal at your property is beyond our control, unfortunately, as the signal shows moderate in your area with problems connecting indoors. You have confirmed that you had the same problem with your 02 mobile, so this indicates a blackspot. Is there anyone else in the house or in your area that is able to get a good mobile signal? Is this on a Virgin Mobile network?

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tonyr47
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes my wife has EE and she gets signal , also my virgin is worse than my o2 was just wondered if there was a booster I could get 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is odd that your wife's EE signal works alright but your Virgin signal doesn't, as our network is provided by EE.

We don't supply boosters, but that doesn't mean that you can't use one. I, personally, don't know how well they work or if there's a specific one that works best.

I'm going to pop a pm over to you asking for more details so we can investigate this further.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tonyr47
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos