Menu
Lou47
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No phone connection in Europe

Why can't I use my phone in Europe, I asked Virgin before I went on my holiday. They said no problem but not the case advice please.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone connection in Europe

Exact same thing just happened to me. I made sure roaming was activr on my account before I left.

In the end I had to download the app viber using WiFi. Top it up with £1 credit. Call bloody Virgin who insisted roaming was set up and then started telling me because I was calling them obviously roaming was active. Had to shout at them to start listening to me as this was costing me money. I then told them there are numerous posts on the forum about the same thing. She then disabled my roaming then re-enabled it and it started working about 30mins later.

Good luck!!! I'm just glad I got a UK agent as if I got overseas I think I would have gave up and emailed the ceo office.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lou47

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that the roaming service is not working correctly for you.

It you're still abroad, there is some great help regarding roaming abroad available on our Roaming sticky on the forum.

You can also access your account and you can check if your roaming is active by logging into Your Account.

Click on plan and device > Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to ‘on’ here. If it isn't move the tab to ‘on’ and click ‘update’. You’ll then get a green success message. Please be aware that it can take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account. If this is already enabled, but the phone won't connect to any foreign networks, please try toggling the service off and back on again.

Please double check that call barring to prevent calls abroad is also not set to 'on' too as this may prevent access.

Once you've checked all this, then you could try:

• Turning your phone off and then back on again
  • Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.
  • Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network.

Please let us know how you get on with it Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb66

It's not good to hear about the issues you had with your roaming when you went away recently.

I'm glad this has been sorted not for you though Smiley Happy

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos