Menu
abravo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No network signal

Hi,

Since I came back to London yesterday, my mobile is not detecting any network signal. I already try to reboot and put my sim card in a different phone.

Your chat doesn't help so much as they advice to call 03454541111 or 150, the problem is that I can't make or receive calls...

Can you please advice what I should do?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
abravo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No network signal

Thanks you Virgin Support for not replying to my post.

For anyone that is getting the same error, it seems Virgin network needs to be selected Manually after begin abroad.

I know this is strange and it was the first time I had to do it after being abroad but it did fix my problem. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
abravo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks you Virgin Support for not replying to my post.

For anyone that is getting the same error, it seems Virgin network needs to be selected Manually after begin abroad.

I know this is strange and it was the first time I had to do it after being abroad but it did fix my problem. 

0 Kudos
Heckleruk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM not bothering to respond seems to perfectly normal for this incompetent company.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi abravo,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your signal. Is this working for you now?

This is primarily a community led forum where customers help each other out, and there is not always a need for us to step in as forum staff members to support our customers in every instance. Many times our community and amazing Superusers can resolve a question posted by the forum members without us needing to step in.

Forum posts log on our system based on oldest date first, and we work through the queue in date order, starting with the oldest, so we will respond to you as soon as we can.

If you require an immediate response, we recommend that you contact us on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone).

Regarding your mobile signal issue, if you are still having a problem with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
abravo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Terri_P,

Thanks for replying.

My phone is working since I selected manually the network as I did post here.

On your advice on getting an immediate response, Virgin should have other channels like this or chat to provide "immediate" help in case the mobile can't make phone calls... but that is only my opinion and I'm just a customer.

I do understand that you need to work through the queue but more than one week to get a response...

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi abravo,

I'm glad to hear that your service is working now, thank you for getting back to me.

Currently, we do not offer mobile support via the Virgin Media online chat, however, you can contact us via Facebook or Twitter. If you go onto our main website, www.virginmedia.com then Contact Us, at the very bottom of the page you will see our Twitter and Facebook links. 

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos