Menu
woodall67
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No network in Spain??

I'm in benidorm and have wifi in hotel so I can get on the Internet but have no network so unable to text or make phone calls?
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network in Spain??

Sounds like roaming is not turned on in you account.

I've copied this across for you.

On our network, roaming is enabled automatically on Pay As You Go but if you're a Pay Monthly customer you'll find it's turned off by default. This is in place to avoid any roaming charges creeping up without you being aware of them.

If you're on our Pay Monthly service and want to enable roaming before you travel, give the team a call on 789 from a Virgin Mobile, 150 on a Virgin Media Landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. You can also enable this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-

Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

If it shows it's turned off then please turn it on. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful.

You'd also need to turn off International call barring waiting the same 2-24 hour period. This will then enable the service to be used abroad.

If you're abroad and roaming isn't working at all for you, the same team will be able to look into it for you. They can be reached on +447953967967. The team can turn this on from their side. Once this has been done, give your phone a hard reboot (popping the battery out of the phone while it's turned on ) to allow the sim a connection refresh. 

We'd also suggest a manual network search to connect to all available networks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi woodall67,

Have you tried going into the phone's settings and doing a manual search for network?

If your phone can't find any, are you a "Pay Monthly" customer?

Did you check that Roaming was activated in your account before you left the UK?

Go to "Manage my services" > "Roaming" needs to be set to ON & "International call barring" needs to be set to OFF.

If they are not already, make the change by moving the switch/tab in your account.
(Click the other side of the rectangle box).

If you have to make a change to the settings, allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone.
(Virgin advise that an update may take upto 24 or longer from abroad).

Usually though it is much sooner, I would periodically turn the phone off/on to see if it finds and selects a network.

As first suggested, you may have to go into the phone's settings and manually search for one of Virgin's partner networks.

Let us know how you get on and enjoy your holiday Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

woodall67
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apparently virgin do not recognise my details, if it isn't sorted ASAP as soon as I get back home I will be phoning and cancelling my contract. I am trying to cobby them online as I haven't got network to phone, but having trouble, will try again tomorrow as it is Sunday!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey woodall67, 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble roaming! Is this still ongoing or has this now been resolved? Come back and let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
woodall67
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My email and phone number is still not recognised although my phone is working (only because I am back in England), yet when i try registering it says my email is already registered, yet another mess up by virgin?  I will be telephoning Virgin after the Holidays, 

Thank you everybody for trying to help.

0 Kudos