Menu
ef5
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No network coverage abroad (Roaming on)

Just trying to get some help on this - I can't find an email address for Virgin Mobile to get any support with this and the option to call is out the window given I have no network coverage!

I'm in Spain and have roaming switched on but no network coverage from Virgin. On a pay montly payment plan if that makes any difference and have tried twice switching off/on to see phone would fibd network. I went to South Africa a year or two ago and had the same issue but assumed I must have had to arrange something extra for that, given the travel distance, managed without mobile and promptly forgot about the issue. I can't imagine I should have made any special arrangements for Spain however.

I am able to use wifi but obviously no data. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I would like to be able to contact people back home!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network coverage abroad (Roaming on)

Hi ef5,

there is no email address for Virgin Mobile.

When you say that roaming is switched on. Are you just referring to the setting on your device? It also needs to be on in the settings on your account.

Go to "Manage my services" > set "Roaming" to ON & "International call barring" to OFF.

Make the change by moving the "switch" in your account.
(Click the other side of the rectangle box).

Allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone.
(Virgin advise this may take upto 24 hours or longer from abroad to come into effect).

Often though it is much sooner, I recommend periodically turning the phone off/on to see if it finds and selects a network.

You may have to go into the phone's settings and do a manual search for network.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
ef5
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid,

Thanks very much for the quick reply and advice. Roaming is switched on, both my phone and in my account settings and I have just checked and International Call Barring is off. I've tried switching off /on but still unable to fibd Virgin or connect to any alternative provider over here in Spain when searching for networks.

Not sure what's wrong.
Thanks,
EF
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, reboot the phone every few hours
0 Kudos
ef5
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both J0hn and AlexKid. Unfortunately I checked and updated settings on Sunday (Int. Call barring and Roaming) and it's now Tuesday and still having the same issue. Any other suggestions that I've missed?
ef5
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ef5,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that your service isn't working while you are in Spain. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

I can check into this, but I'll need to verify your details, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos