Menu
brysy
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No network connection lanzarote

Roaming meant to be activated unable to join any network how can I get in touch with Virgin if my phone cannot make calls ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network connection lanzarote

Hi brysy,

try switching "aeroplane/flight mode" on then off again. This should make your phone search for a network.

Also try going into the phone's settings and do a manual search for network and see if you are able to select any.

You say "roaming is meant to be activated" 

Double check by logging into your account then click on  the "Plan and device" tab.

Go to "Manage my services" > "Roaming" should be set to ON & "International call barring" set to OFF.

You could try Virgin's web chat for help: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(I would recommend keeping the page open and refresh it every few minutes).

Alternatively, if you can borrow a phone to call Virgin Mobile. Their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
brysy
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the effort AlexKid but no joy am in lanzarote via dublin .in Dublin was able to phone Virgin 

told by 2 different operators roaming activated they would change settings now getting sim will not allow 

when trying to connect 2 network???

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Now this may be to late but could help others

If when roaming (check it's set up before you go) you get off the plane and no it's not working.

Switch off and then back on ......

Still no signal switch off again, then when back on go to settings and search manually for a network, choose the one at the top of the list, it should now work, if not try agin with a different network
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to add, check roaming is enabled on the phone, also in the settings, if it's national roaming only or not set then set it to roaming Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi brysy

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had roaming.

I can see it's a few days since you posted - I just wanted to check if we can still help out with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
brysy
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

At present I can send & recieve texts receive calls but not make outgoing calls however if I have a missed call and hit reply I am connected weird after a week of trying to get this sorted withVirgin mobile  I am kinda resigned to leaving things as they are as I had no phone for 2 days as they "changed  my settings " unfortunately I will be abroad in September so expect more of the same  not impressed with Virgin techs 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi brysy.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm really sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with the roaming service.

As you're able to return missed calls, but not dial numbers from your phone book, it may be to do with the way the numbers are stored in the phone book on your handset.

Could you check if the numbers are saved in the international format on the handset - i.e. '079123456789' should be stored as '+4479123456789'.

If not, this may be why your calls aren't connecting.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
brysy
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark Y that's what Virgin techs told me also so been doing that 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi brysy

If you're still having issues, it sound like there could be an issue with the handset itself as if you're able to return missed calls there's no issues with the handset's ability to connect to the network and make calls.

Are you able to test the SIM in another handset at all while you're out there?

This would just help to confirm if the handset is fault - something that will be a little trickier to pin down when you're back in the UK.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos