Menu
Quiteannoyed
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No network connection for two weeks.....

I live in BS6 6WB - I have to walk at least a couple of hundred yards from the house to get a signal - I'm in the middle of a ruddy metropolis, what's going on?  It's incredibly annoying and it dropped off entirely a couple of weeks ago (tried two different phones on virgin deals, same result).

I want to do most of my calling and texting in the evening at home - anyone know what grounds there are for binning the contract and moving to EE themselves?

It's awkward to call Virgin as I can't make calls - neither are the company up with the competition in terms of calls/texts over wifi......

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network connection for two weeks.....

Hi Quiteannoyed,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some issues with the signal in your area. I've done some checks and I can't see any major issues in the area. Can you let me know what your phone is? 

I want to make sure we get to the bottom of the fault. Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Quiteannoyed
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, no problem.  Old phone was a Samsung Galaxy Mini 3, new one is an iPhone 5S - both fail to register on the network (the Samsung had been fine for 3 years where I live, I changed phones out of a desire to see if it resolved the issue - it didn't).

I'm now pretty damn annoyed as I have an almost entirely wasted contract as most of my free minutes were used in the evenings (and now they're obviously not as I can't text or call).  Somebody, somewhere (EE I presume) has tweaked a mast, updated some software or the equivalent and now I have a next to useless service whilst at home.

I'd like to back out of the contract and will shortly be pursuing this, it's been several weeks now - I'm hampered in doing so by the inability to make calls whilst at home......quite ironic. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Quiteannoyed,

How are you getting on with this?

I want to make sure that we get to the bottom of the fault. Let me know if you need any further assistance from me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos