Menu
Hooni
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No more loyalty discount?

Hi all,

Been a customer of virgin mobile for 12 years myself, about 4 years pay as you go, and the rest in contract, aswell as having 2 more contracts, one for my partner and the other for my daughter.

Aswell as having tv phone and broadband with virgin,

Virgin have always offerd me discounts on contracts because of sticking with them for so long.

Current contract was a £48 contract discounted to £28, i rang up today as mine and my partners contract is due for renewal, first person i spoke to tried getting me to have a cheeper phone, which was odd, untill i asked why the price was so high, then they explained they offer no loyalty discount now, at all. So said id go look elsewhere for now.

Found that virgins prices are now worse then deals availible elsewhere if you look, prices are the same, but you get more minutes etc,

So i rang again, explained etc, guy on the phone says he now gets this all the time and can understand my fustration, then proceeds to say well its because its an expensive phone, in which i replied so was this phone when i got it, always had flagship phones on upgrade. Rep said they would speak to sales see if i can get 6months half price or somthing, well that guy obviously ran off as i was just put through to sales to have to explain everything again and be told basicly the same stuff.

Maybe im taking this harder then i should, but it really does feel like virgin are flipping the bird to people who have been long standing customers and i feel really quite disipointed with this.
Hooni
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No more loyalty discount?

Extremely poor imo. 

after using virgin mobile services for so long, i am actually looking else where, to be gave a discount for so long, to just be told flatly no, but because you have our home services you have a wider option of tariffs available,   like really come on? 

to be offered no kind of deal what so ever, as if i was just a new customer? find it pretty insulting after sticking with them for so long, which at several points it has not been plain sailing, one contract for my partner i had to ring every month to get them to correct a wrong bill, every month, every time being assured it was now fixed, for 9 months, seriously im not joking. 

so, not impressed at all. 

if there really is no way around this ill be going elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hooni,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I fully appreciate your frustrations at not being given a loyalty discount so I'd like to apologise for this. I certainly wouldn't like to see you go but would understand if you chose to.

If you speak to the cancellations team (thinking of leaving option) and they definitely confirm there's no discount, then I'm afraid that is their final answer and nothing further can be done.

I wish you all the best with this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
SusieB13
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that Virgin Media no longer reward their loyal customers. I rang today as my £10 loyalty has finished only to be told that they could no longer match the price I have paid for 18 months and I will have to pay £7 more a month for the same service.

I have broadband only and with discount was paying £18.25 per month. Now it will cost £25.50 for the same service.

I have been with Virgin Media for 6 years now and until this year have always had some money off for being a loyal customer. I was really disappointed to be told today that no loyalty offer will be available to me.

Unfortunately, I have no real other option than to stick with VM however I have agreed to having to pay the additional money as no other offer was given to me despite two phone calls.

0 Kudos