Menu
kathrynrolfe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No mobile signal

I've had little or no phone signal for the past week or so at home in BS3 area where it had been excellent previously.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile signal

Hi Kathrynrolfe

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your mobile at the moment. 

Firstly, I'd recommend logging into your My Virgin account and checking that nothing is wrong, you can check that [here]. If that's all looking good, try taking a look at our [coverage checker] to see if there are any problems in your local area Man Happy

Do you have airplane mode switched on at the moment? If not, we'd like to reconnect to the network manually. Let me know what handset you've got and I'll guide you through that if you like.

Look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kathrynrolfe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I have checked my account and area coverage and they're all fine (I'm supossed to have excellent signal). I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and do not have airplane mode on. 

Thanks

Kathryn

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kathryn

Thanks for getting back to me, are you finding the signal improves when you're in certain areas? 

Follow these steps on your S5 to manually connect to the network, after you've done this reboot the handset and give it a go:

1. Touch Apps.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Scroll and touch More networks.
4. Touch Mobile networks.
5. Touch Network operators.
6. Touch OK.
7. Wait while the phone searches for networks.
8. Touch Virgin.
9. Wait while the phone connects to the network.
10. The phone is now connected to the mobile network.

I'd love to hear how you get on
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kathrynrolfe
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I've done that, but it has made no difference. The signal is greatly improved when I leave my home area and have spoken to other people in the area on EE who are also having the same problems. However EE claim there is no problem in the area.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kathrynrolfe

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly, I'd like to run some tests on the network in your local area. 

To allow me to do so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos