Menu
joanna64
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No mobile signal service since 20th January

Hi there,

My area code NR23 1QJ

IT is really disgraceful ,I dont have mobile signal coverage from 20th of January ,emergency calls only.

I called several times to virgin mobile team and I was told to wait to next day several times and then last time I was told that problem may last up to 10 day.

How it is possible to keep customers waiting for signal coverage 2 weeks?????

I would like to have good explanation here for that.I probably will move to vodafone or other network because it is impossible.

Joanna

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile signal service since 20th January

It will be down to EE their network provider.

There could be many reasons why the fault has not been fixed. Sometimes site access has to be applied for, could be spare issues.

Any friends will an EE phone that can check for you?

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem here is it's not always EE at fault...

I have a personal mobile on VM, and my works phone is Orange (EE)

Now my personal phone only EVER shows 2/3 bars of signal strength, and sometimes loses signal altogether.

My works phone, nearly ALWAYS has 5 bars, and NEVER loses signal, (except in extreme cases!) yet the 2 phones are side by side with me...

The VM phone says 'emergency calls only' yet my works phone shows 4 bars, and I can access mobile data on it!!

VM SAY that EE do not restrict their usage or give priority to EE customers, BUT...I am certain there is some sort of 'fix' going on...

Just to try this out, I swapped my SIM's between phones.. (VM sim in works phone, Orange sim in personal phone) and...

Orange sim in my phone 5 bars, all day long...VM sim in works phone 2/3 bars and struggling!! So, proof that either VM are telling 'porkies' about EE not restricting them, OR EE are telling VM 'porkies' that there is no restriction....work that one out!!

A couple of times I have called in about poor signal, the centre staff ask for my postcode, and then tell me 'EE are currently working on/having trouble with masts near you which would cause you to have poor signal' yet....my works (EE) phone still shows 5 bars!!  Funny that...

The op's problem is more likely to be VM's poor agreement with EE as to signal strength, than EE's mast system...SIMPLE!!

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, Ive looked into this. It appears that the EE network is not fully integrated as yet. Some masts will still show Orange and others T-Mobile to certain SIM cards

EE SIMS will log onto the strongest of the two signals and display EE. Virgin always try their old roaming partner first (T-Mobile) and if there is a signal connect.

So the likelihood is one of your phones is on 'Orange' and the other on 'T-Mobile', hence the discrepancy.

Virgin need a SIM update (can be done OTA) to bring them in line with EE

0 Kudos