Menu
shauno65
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No mobile signal in Tunbridge Wells...again...

I've been suffering intermittent signal loss now since 17/6/16 and was advised on 20/6/16 that there was a problem with a mast nearby that would be resolved the same day, which it was at around lunchtime. However, the signal disappeared again by teatime.....what is going on with Virgin mobile in Tunbridge Wells??

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile signal in Tunbridge Wells...again...

EE are still showing a problem in Tunbridge Wells. I may be a problem of site access that is one of the main causes of slowing things down. 

0 Kudos
shauno65
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi enlli, thanks but I was wondering if the main issue has been with the takeover of EE from BT? I've noticed a lot of BT engineers around town over the last week working in their cubicles, I mean nearly every street I've been down lately.....

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hard to say but BT probably do the back haul from the mast - sometimes it is a problem with the lines

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi shauno65

Thanks for your message - sorry to hear about the issues with the signal in your area.

I just wanted to check if things has improved since Tuesday or if you're still having trouble with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
shauno65
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark_Y

I had one signal drop-out issue again last week though can't remember which day that was now. Signal was off all night but came back on at about 7.50am when I noticed.

I had another signal drop-out issue all day Sunday 26th, but that was everywhere I went that day from Tunbridge Wells to Peaslake (Surrey) then onto Godalming to visit family. My youngest granddaughter is also on Virgin but she did not have a problem so I'm starting to wonder if my sim card is maybe starting to be faulty? My signal returned later that same evening so am at a loss as to what is going on.

regards

Shaun

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi shauno65

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this.

A fault with the SIM card is one thing that would be good to rule out, so it's worth us looking to get this replaced for you.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos