Menu
Saraailsa1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No mobile service outside of the house

When i go anywhere I for the last two days i have had no service. Rang up today to try and get it sorted said that u are on the process of upgrading to 4g so that might be contributing to it ( I really don't care ). And also there is a problem in an area right by me that is being worked on. Well i actually was not in that area, but still had no service. So i ask how long it will be till it is fixed.... they dont know...so i ask when i should ring back if it is still not working.... dont know. I was told it is not a problem for me as i can still use the phone outside the home and i can use the internet as thete is a fantastic 3g signal.... **bleep**??? Did u actually understand anything i just said??? Why do I have to constantly talk to foreign people who dont understand??? Makes u dread ringing up because u know it will be like pulling teeth. I had problems with Internet connection outside. Rang twice to sort that out. Still not working properly.

I am sick of ringing u. I am sick of speaking to people who can't understand me. I would like to know when I can use my mobile phone when I am actually mobile. Because it is pointless me PAYING for a service I am not getting.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No mobile service outside of the house

No volunteers on here, just other customers

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your written English and appalling punctuation and layout is certainly nothing to be proud of either. It hurt my eyes and brain trying to work out what you were trying to say. I had to read it several times. And as a volunteer I do this for fun not money. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you want help with this issue then ring VM mobile on 789 from your mobile, 150 if you have a VM landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. There is almost certainly an area fault with the EE network which is the carrier for VM mobile. I had this a few days ago and it cleared up rapidly.

You can also use the EE fault checker - Google for it.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd go to the EE website and check for faults as has been recommended, also try rebooting the phone then do a manual network selection and see if that helps.

What can happened is that if there was a fault the phone just needs a push to get it to log back on.

I'm interested in what you said about 4G but as Virgin staff are normally the last to find out, I live in hope
Saraailsa1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is what dealing with virgin is like. Rude, dumb people. I have spoken to virgin mobile already. Like I stated in my origional post.
I really couldn't care less if you are a volunteer, I certainly didn't ask u to be one. If you find it too tiresome, or to hard to be civil, perhaps you should quit.

There is nothing hard to understand about my former post. Big wow, my punctuation isn't perfect. It does not need to be, I am not writing a formal letter.
I am sorry but the foreign people employed by virgin cannot understand you, FACT! Perhaps you take such issue as you are not British yourself? ?? I have no idea.

By the way I still have no service. I have none right now.
My former post was written in anger and frustration at getting nowhere, and dealing with incompetent people.

I do not have to be competent, or a good speller. That is because I am your customer. You are providing me with a service, that you are being paid for.

As for you, the very rude volunteer, more fool u.
Volunteering to help out a multi billionaire run his company. 😂😂😂
Plus you do it very badly! 😊

I am guessing it makes you feel important, and it fills a little of your boring life. Well in future, please don't allow the power to go to your head. It's not an attractive quality!!!

Edited to add: I checked on the EE site. There are no faults in the area.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No volunteers on here, just other customers

Saraailsa1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ahh so not even a volunteer just a jobsworth 😂😂😂

Ty for letting me know x
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Saraailsa1,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your mobile service.

In order to help find out what's causing this problem, we need to look into what's causing this--more specifically:

If all of these do not make a difference, please test your SIM card in a different handset. If the SIM card doesn't work, we will need to arrange a replacement SIM card. 

Please let me know how these checks go for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos