Menu
wheelwright
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No mobile reception

Major problems with reception last few days, 3 handsets all using virgin sims all have no reception.
Looked on ee coverage site but not coming back with any issues, surely I can't be alone with this problem? I'm in the B73 area of Birmingham, any advice tech info would greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile reception

Is this the one you checked http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/network/4gee/network-status-checker as it will tell you if there are problems

0 Kudos
wheelwright
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yep that's the site and it states

Last Updated : 11:46 27/07/2016
We’re happy to confirm our engineers have fixed the issue in your area, and services should be back up and running as usual. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

But I still have no mobile reception!
So who do I turn to when issues have apparently been fixed on ee's side?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi wheelwright,

I would advise giving Virgin Mobile customer services a call (free) on 789 from your mobile if you have signal.

0345 6000 789 from any other phone (standard rate call or included in any minutes) so that they can look into this further for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

First try switching the phone off for a few seconds and then back on, this forces the phone to search for a signal, not just accept that there is not a signal, hope it helps

0 Kudos
wheelwright
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

4x mobiles in the house, 3 with virgin sims and one with 3, ALL have two things in common:-

No reception and they all us ee for for reception!
But no issues according to ee!
Driving around and reception returns so obviously it's the local transmitter to me, pointless having a mobile if it don't work in the house.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you have a phone on 3 you should really install  the Three intouch app. Then you can make calls and text using your home wifi if you have no signal. Works for incoming and outgoing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Wheelwright

Just checking in to see if you managed to report this to our teams yet?

If not, I'd like to take a closer look and run some tests from our end for you, to allow me to do so just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information. You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wheelwright
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

The problem has now been resolved, after ring up V. mobile and tech dept asked us to change various settings on our mobiles(what for I'll never know as the mobiles have worked perfectly for 8 months), it turns out the local mast was down.
Why didn't virgin know this? a lot of time hassle could have been saved.
Thanks to all who tried to help on here, WW
0 Kudos
hannahevickers
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same problem in my house with the postcode EN9. 5 phones 4 Virgin, 1 EE. I have checked the service status and it says it is fine. We all have different phones, and previously the ee service status site has said that there have been problems for the past 2 weeks. 

We, all in the house, know that the local transmitter is down, but as there is no information on the virgin site or even it being checked, it is very hard to know when it will be fixed. 

We have contacted Virgin but all they have asked is to change the settings on the phones or send out a new sim card. I would like to add that one of the phones has already had a brand new sim card in, so this is not the problem. 

As one member of the family needs the signal for their job, it is getting out of hand as no one has been able to help so far. 

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos