Menu
Bel1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No mobile Internet?

Hi!

I recently purchased a Medion E5005 dual sim mobile Phone in which I jnstalled a Virgin sim on Big Data and Text tarif. My problem is I cannot connect to the Internet on Mobile Network even though I can connect on WiFi Connection! In settings-APN the APN enable/disable button is greyed out, I am currently on holiday in Ireland and have purchased a 250MB pass which current. any ideas folks on how to get connected please

Thanks,

Bel1

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile Internet?

Hi Bel1,

have you tried swapping the SIM's?

I.E Putting your Virgin Mobile SIM into slot 1 or 2 instead and trying to connect to mobile data?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Bel1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid,

Just tried that, unfortunately still still getting "You are offline" ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED

Bel1
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bel1,

Welcome to the Community Forum, it's great to have new people signing up. I'm sorry that you've been having problems with your mobile service on your new Medion E5005. It's great to see that AlexKid has been able to help with this. Thank for letting us know that you have tried swapping the SIMs. 

Checking this, I can see a problem on the network settings, so I have reset this for you. Reboot your phone and retry this.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Bel1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately the APN settings still look the same and the APN enable/disable button is still grayed out? and still getting "You are offline" ERR.INTERNET_DISCONNECTED I have got a Network signal on both sims and can make calls and send sms messages.

Regards
Bel1
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bel1,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that this is still not working for you. Thanks for letting us know that your calls and text messaging is working. 

Please have a look at the following post by MichaelGr: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers --specifically, the last section regarding the APN settings. Please try this.

If you are still unable to reset the APN settings on your handset, you will need to give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). You can also contact us when you're travelling abroad by calling +447953967967 (chargeable call) so that our Mobile Tech support team can look into this for you.

Please let us know how this goes.
Many Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos