Menu
maffa
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No longer a VM £5 discount on new contract phones?

I've been a VM Broadband, phone and TV customer since the old days of NTL, longer than I care to remember and I've stuck with VM for the fantastic fibre speeds and reliability of service.

So when it came to mobiles, the choice was obvious for me and the family to all go virgin as virgin to virgin calls as all free - Fab!

Anyway, the wife's contract phone is up next month when so I started to look around.  I noticed that you used to get a £5 discount on new contract phones being a loyal customer but this doesn't seem to happen anymore. The website still has the "Have you got Virgin Media broadband or TV in your home?" but where it used to discount £5, it has no use what so ever now.

Has this gone forever? Loyalty out the window again?

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No longer a VM £5 discount on new contract phones?

Hi Maffa

I completely understand where you come from, however, the "discount" isn't actually a physical discount that is applied to the account. This was just a reduced rate if you like on the cost of the plans

At present we are giving the same great price as a media price to all of our customers if you have the media services or not.

hope this helps

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
maffa
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Lee

The same great price is obviously the standard rate with no 'loyalty reduced rate' then that we have been used to receiving.

It doesn't help unfortunately

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I posted this on the forum a month back where I said I was considering moving to Virgin for mobile, but like yourself, noticed there is no longer any incentive for me to do so,

It used to be the case that the more services you had, the larger the discount you got.

Clearly this has gone out the window, so I kept my mobile business with EE
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Maffa

All of our contracts on the "Freestyle" basis whereby a credit agreement or interest free loan is taken out which is why we cannot apply a discount or loyalty discount to the contracts
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Butting in on this thread.

I understand a discount cannot be given on the handset as this is on finance, but a discount could be given on the tarriff if Virgin really wanted to do so

0 Kudos
maffa
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just what I was thinking
0 Kudos