Menu
Missbehaving40
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No internet 3G on iPhone 5c

Need answer as to why 3G is showing on screen but have no internet connection. Can only connect when I have wifi. 

image.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet 3G on iPhone 5c

The following reply I'm basing of research on that error message and your device type.

Go to settings, press 'Mobile Data'  -> 'Mobile Data Network'. Note down current the APN settings. Also, here is a link to a topic discussing Virgin Mobile APN settings: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-s-for-Virgin-Mobile-Data-and-MMS/td-p/1972646 (may still be current.)

OK, so you've checked the settings, two common Internet suggestions seem to be (taken from the web):

Suggestion #1

• Put your device in to airplane mode briefly (like 5 seconds)
  • Remove the SIM card from your iPhone
  • Turn off the phone and reboot
  • Reinsert the SIM card and try again

Suggestion #2
"If you're still getting the PDP Authentication Failure Message, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset the networks setting on the iPhone."

If it doesn't pick up the network settings automatically, go into Settings -> Mobile Data -> Mobile Data Network. And put in the APN settings.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Missbehaving40
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried suggestions #1 and #2. Still no internet access.  Unable to manually put in an settings. 

0 Kudos
Blodwin
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here with iPhone 5s. No APN settings option to check either.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to use the correct method for ipones- they are different

To change APN settings on Apple devices (like iPhone or iPad), open the following site on your Safari Browser: m.APNchanger.org (requires Wi-Fi connection): Click “Automatically” Select preferred carrier from the drop-down menu. Click on “Install Profile” and install it on your device.

failing that use Google for help here Smiley Happy
Missbehaving40
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all help. Eventually called 789 last night. Apparently it was an outage which had been rectified by 9am this morning!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

This was indeed an outage on our side. I apologize for any frustration caused on our part!

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Missbehaving40
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There may indeed gave been an outage but having read a post on Facebook regarding losing access to internet because the sim was being hacked was more in line with the fact that 2 days later I had 2 fraudulent purchases on my credit card! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry to hear that Missbehaving40 Smiley Sad

I'm afraid we'd be unable to say anything was compromised and this would seem to be a coincidence as there was 100% an outage during that period.

Sorry I couldn't help more with this. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos