Menu
saferon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No email, no apps for two weeks

I have a Blackberry Curve. All my emails stopped arriving two weeks ago. At the same time, all my regular apps (Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp) all also stopped working. I still have browser access (via 3G) and texts etc coming through OK.

I don't know where to go for help with this. The last time I rang I was passed between four different people - only the last person I spoke to had any grasp of my problem (at one point I spoke to some incredibly stupid person who insisted that I needed the broadband department even though my problem was with my phone).

After doing endless resets, re-registering via the host re-router table, giving my IMEI number etc, no progress was made. I was told that Virgin had done some work on their servers and this may be the cause of the problem. I was told to set up my email again on my phone. Only one problem with that - the email set-up doesn't connect.

I was promised a call-back last week which never happened.

The truth is I really can't face calling the helpline again because I KNOW that I'll be on the phone for an hour or more, passed around countless different departments and people, none of whom will be able to help apart from telling me to do the things I've already tried (what does that tell you about their customer service?!)

When is someone at Virgin actually going to fix this??? (Or, alternatively, just tell me how to cancel my account?)

0 Kudos
saferon
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No email, no apps for two weeks

No one from Virgin has bothered to reply to this, as suspected...

0 Kudos
saferon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

[Bounce every day] Until you people sort this out, or at least pay me the simple respect of replying to what is supposed to be your "help" forum.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

saferon wrote:

[Bounce every day] Until you people sort this out, or at least pay me the simple respect of replying to what is supposed to be your "help" forum.

No its not.

These are the Virgin Community forums. Its primarily help from other users , with staff picking up issues VM need to deal with. Its covered on here, at the top of the forums.

Staff can take a couple of days to pick up a thread. Bumping puts you to the back of the queue as they answer oldest first.

I would help out, but I know nothing of RIM devices. But I think there were a few with similair issues if you do some looking about. If you want quicker service, I'm afraid its through to 150 (option 0 should put you through the Virgin Mobile). Otherwise its wait for staff to pick it up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi saferon

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Blackberry services.

I've sent you a PM so we can take a closer look into this for you - just reply to the PM if you have any questions Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos