Menu
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No discounts for Virgin customers

My contract is up with EE tomorrow, so thought I would "shop around".

I appreciate Virgin do not offer 4G, but this does not bother me, but I was surprised to find they no longer offer discounts for existing TV or Broadband customers. It used to be the case that the more services you had, the more apparent the discount you could receive.

Having "free" calls to other virgin mobile users is hardly an incentive for me to swap if I have no friends or family using the service!!

Think I'll stay with EE

0 Kudos
YourLoss
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No discounts for Virgin customers

andyju wrote:

My contract is up with EE tomorrow, so thought I would "shop around".

I appreciate Virgin do not offer 4G, but this does not bother me, but I was surprised to find they no longer offer discounts for existing TV or Broadband customers. It used to be the case that the more services you had, the more apparent the discount you could receive.

Having "free" calls to other virgin mobile users is hardly an incentive for me to swap if I have no friends or family using the service!!

Think I'll stay with EE

I have been with Virgin for many, many years but when my existing contracts expire I will be leaving them (for an even longer period and beyond). I can give you several reasons to avoid this shambolic company besides those you have already mentioned. Just dial 789 from your Virgin handset and speak to the poorly trained customer service staff in Barbados. Then post on this forum describing your experience in detail and wait for a poorly trained forum mod to point you in the direction of poorly trained customer service staff in Barbados. Virgin is a farce. EE cannot possibly be any worse.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyju,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

We'd love to have you as a customer! We do still offer discounts for Virgin Media customers as you can see on this page here. There is a slider for Non-Virgin and Virgin customers. All you need to do is select a Freestyle phone.

Let me know if you see anything that takes your fancy.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyJu,

Did you manage to find a good deal with us?

Let me know if there's anything you need from me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delay in replying ...

Following the link you provided, clicking yes or no to the question of "are you a VM customer" makes no difference to the overall charge.

For example, I choose (at random) a Galaxy S6 om a freestyle contract. I select Unlimited call, Unlimited Texts and 2GB data, and the lot costs me £34.

Now select "I am not a VM customer" and then the same as above, and the price remains the same.

There is no incentive for me to switch over to Virgin Mobile from EE 

0 Kudos