Menu
Bri_G
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No data roaming in Ireland

Data roaming is enabled on my account and on my handset and I have purchased a 50mb travel pass when I landed at Dublin airport and received a confirmation text.

Connected to Meteor and have a 3G signal but no access to internet, rebooted, checked settings etc but no joy.

Apart from calling all sorts of numbers and checking everything again, is there any way this can be sorted?

This seems to be a very common problem looking at the forum.

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bri_G
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No data roaming in Ireland

Found the answer here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-internet-3G-on-iPhone-5c/m-p/2985652#U2985652

To change APN settings on Apple devices (like iPhone or iPad), open the following site on your Safari Browser: m.APNchanger.org (requires Wi-Fi connection): Click “Automatically” Select preferred carrier from the drop-down menu. Click on “Install Profile” and install it on your device.

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Bri_G
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No data roaming in Ireland

Found the answer here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-internet-3G-on-iPhone-5c/m-p/2985652#U2985652

To change APN settings on Apple devices (like iPhone or iPad), open the following site on your Safari Browser: m.APNchanger.org (requires Wi-Fi connection): Click “Automatically” Select preferred carrier from the drop-down menu. Click on “Install Profile” and install it on your device.

0 Kudos