Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (123 Views)

No data in Poland

This is now the third trip abroad since I started my virgin mobile contract where I've been assured by a different customer service rep that my phone is ready, willing and able to use data while I'm away. This is the third time that I am still unable to do so. I have checked my account online and made the necessary changes required, my phone is set to national and international roaming, I am using an appropriate network within the country (t-mobile.pl) and my APN is set to Virgin Media Mobile Internet. I have purchased a data package for my last trip which remains valid, as confirmed on the phone to customer service before I left.

It's just not good enough. I have never experienced this level of issue with going abroad on any of my previous networks. I've scrolled the forums for help with no luck outwith the methods I've already tried above. Can someone please try and give me some clarity on the issue? I'm paying enough for this contract that I shouldn't have to be darting around public buildings in a hope for free WiFi to ensure that I'm able to access what I need online.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8 (100 Views)

Re: No data in Poland

Hi KazzyTI,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with data roaming while your are in Poland. Has this been resolved for you?

If you are still having a problem, please let me know and I'll check into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8 (95 Views)

I'm afraid this issue has not been resolved. I spent my entire trip to Poland being unable to access anything and I have been charged for the travel pass. As I said in my original post, this is now the 3rd time this year that I've taken a trip away and been unable to access anything, despite assurances from your customer service team on the phone (earlier trips were to Denmark and Ireland).

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 8 (88 Views)

I am having a similar problem. I have a new iPhone 5 (an upgrade from my Nokia). 

Last year I visited Poland, using my Nokia, and as advised by the Virgin rep in Manchester, when I landed I just texted 'Buy 250MB' to 23456 and hey presto it worked fine. 

This time, again in Poland,  when I landed I received a message inviting me to buy bandwidth, which I did - 'Buy 250MB' I received a message "Thanks your 250MB Travel Pass is now active...etc" 

However since then my phone shows 'No Service'. I have tried all the settings I can find but nothing makes any difference, and I cannot access any services unless I an using WiFi (which works fine). Any suggestions, this is intensely frustrating as I need to use my phone for the course I am taking. 

(BTW my trusty old Vodaphone GSM 2 mobile works just fine, I can send and receive texts and calls perfectly) 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8 (78 Views)

Hi KazzyTI,

I'm sorry that this hasn't been sorted out for you while you were away. I'd like to look into this for you so I can check the network settings and your travel pass. 

Please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm I've received your PM.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (67 Views)

Hi KazzyTI,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I've now reset your roaming service on the network and verified it's showing activated.

Please reboot your handset and retry.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8 (65 Views)

Thanks Terri, I don't imagine I'll be able to verify this until my next trip abroad though?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (48 Views)

Hi KazzyTI,

Your roaming services should stay activated for your next trip unless you change these settings via Your Account online or ask Customer Services to make a change. You will see an adjustment on your next bill as well regarding your EU Travel Pass that you weren't able to use.

Apologies again for the issues with your data roaming service.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos