Menu
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No data connection all afternoon

I've got my APN settings all correct, but all afternoon I cannot get any mobile data. I've rebooted the phone with the SIM in/out etc but no change. It still says "unable to establish a wireless data connection" and the APN settings say "Virgin h- voice only"

I've had this a few times and it has usually been a network fault but I cannot see it flagged up by anyone else.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No data connection all afternoon

Once again, VM internet is down, but, they don't have the decency to TELL people.

Been like this all day!!  Can't blame EE, their signal is OK, (my work phone is on Orange, working well, my VM one, no internet...

Paying for something ELSE I'n not getting, alongside the 5/10 meg broadband (supposed to be 50!!)

At least other providers inform their customers when there is a long term problem....Not VM though..

NOTHING on this site or VM's homepage, not anywhere....Smiley Mad

kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Last time this happened, I rang up and they aid it was a network issue, but of course they never put any sort of recorded message on or anything on the website.

VM are supposed to be slick at marketing BUT they are terrible communicators

0 Kudos
planetarylight
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My data connection has been off since Friday evening 7pm I thought it was just a weather issue
Yes upgrading again but they are still charge alot more for less usage did u no that everytime u use ur mobile internet connection it runs on 2g and we only have 3.5gb (this has drop in last few years and ever other company has 4g with allows on data yes there is a restriction at some times but after 25gb of 4g data usage u go back 2 3g with no restrictions and the anytime data,calls,txt's are unlimited 4less and we are paying all that extra cash and they keep using the word loyal customers!!! On the phone and on home bb or mobile internet we still have now everywhere WiFi so I have to pay bt id be better buying a bt/ee 4g sim as u get unlimted btwifi and btsport app 20gb 4g data and real unlimted txt's and calls and all landlines 0870-45 numbers 2 all that 4 £0.50 more than what I pay vm and u get a voucher included 4 a phone witch has mobile apps for the bt billing and so on
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kolvin1,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced with mobile data not working.

Our mobile team had identified a general fault with mobile data earlier in the week that has since been resolved. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Could you let me know if you're still experiencing issues? If you are we may need to look at this on an individual basis.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It sorted out overnight. Like I said, if virgin knew of a general data fault, why not tell people so they don't keep trying to fix their phones?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that this is all sorted for you Kolvin1 Smiley Happy

With regards to notifying you of a fault, we wouldn't confirm this until it was raised as a fault. Sorry for any frustration caused on our part.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos