Menu
michaeld55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No call back from manager

I used to be with 02 and used 20gb per month. I took a contract with Virgin. I live in Belfast and have no connection to the Internet unless I'm in specific areas. I spent 2 hours on the phone last night with customer services. I spoke to technical and then retentions looking for some discount on the account. I have a 4 gig allowance and I barely use 1gig due to the network. I was that upset I asked for my pac code and was refused this unless I pay for the remaining of the contract. This flys in the face is ofcom regulations as it states that the network provider MUST provide the PAC code on request. I currently have 3 contracts with Virgin so I'll be taking my business elsewhere...still waiting on the promise of a manager call back
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No call back from manager

I would call in again about this.

there is a chance that the call back request was incorrectly done and fell through the system.

Virgin in my opinion are poor at call backs it was a complicated system, but may have been improved over time

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Regretfully, they only have to supply you with a PAC code once you are out of contract.

Normally you have 14 days to decide if the contract is right for you and during this time you have the right to cancel. After that you are tied in.

There may be special circumstances in your case, but it will take a lot of argument.

Call Backs are rare!

On another note, if you were using 20gb then Virgin is not the network for you. Even if all things were working you will find that after 3.5gb your connection will be reduced to a barely usable speed. (They call it fair usage)

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'll not get into law here, but enlli's comments do reflect Virgins actions.

My point on data is that Virgin STILL after years of saying 4g is comming and business users have had 4g for a few years only supply 3G and it can be difficult to get H (3G+) data is poor on Virgin

EE or BT as it now is have been changing some of there signal masts from 3G to 4G as getting planing permission for new masts is difficult. This means that the 3G service supplied to Virgin and there we customers is being degraded and will continue to be degraded. Virgin have been promising 4G and failing for a long while

make up your own mind as to the suitability of a poor data service whilst owning a phone with fast data hardware

0 Kudos
michaeld55
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Wow a callback is 'rare' from a manager even though an advisor promised this.

I always thought a request to speak to a manager regarding an escalation couldn't be denied.

Regarding the request for pac code, can u refer to the link below

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/refuse_PAC

Is the info on this link not accurate then?

Thank you
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They will give you a PAC Code but will bill you all remaining charges up to the end of your contract.

0 Kudos
michaeld55
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I'll get that sorted over the weekend for my phone and my daughters.

Thanks again
0 Kudos
michaeld55
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok I'll do that. I'll give a call tomorrow or Saturday
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi michaeld55

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your account.

I can see it's a few days since your last post, I just wanted to check if there's any assistance we can offer from here, or if you got this sorted out now?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
michaeld55
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No I have'nt had the chance yet as Im working abroad. Will contact virgin when i get back

0 Kudos