Menu
jasaulsbury
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Voice Mail Notification

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a Samsung S7, and have discovered that I do not have a voicemail app.  This is a problem because without the app, I do not receive voicemail notifications.  I can call my number and leave a voicemail (from another phone), and I can dial either 1 or my number and retrieve my voicemail.  However; I do not receive any notification when a voicemail is left...as you can imagine, this makes it very difficult to know if someone has left me a message.  To note, my device initially set-up without any Virgin Mobile apps.  I have tried to install numerous 3rd party voicemail apps, however none of them work on the device.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Voice Mail Notification

I thought the voicemail notification was a built-in function of the handset, not add-on apps...
0 Kudos
jasaulsbury
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gorf,

Unfortunately, that is not the case, voicemail and voicemail functionality is provided by the carrier.  Even though I assumed this, I did indeed contact Samsung and they verified that voicemail and voicemail notifications are carrier products.  I believe the issue I am having is a byproduct of my phone booting up for the first time and not having any Virgin mobile apps installed on it.  I love not having the bloatware, but I do need the voicemail notifications. 

As a side note, I purchased the phone new from the Virgin Mobile website.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know that the voicemail is carrier-provided, but the notification is built into the phone. When I rooted and installed a custom ROM on my Galaxy S4, I still got notifications via the status bar that a voicemail was waiting. I hadn't installed any apps from Virgin.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Different carriers seem to do it in different way. I never get notifications on 3 but I do get a text message. Often shows the number that called me too. I like that.

0 Kudos