Menu
MikeyMcG
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Virgin Mobile network in Belfast atm

I'm posting on behalf of my elderly parents who are both Virgin Mobile customers. I had a call from my mum a couple of minutes ago to say that neither her or my dad can make or receive calls on their phones, either to each other or to other networks or landlines. My mum's phone gives no indication of a fault whereas my dad's phone says "emergency calls only". They both have Sony Xperia 4 Aqua handsets.

And because neither can make or receive calls, they can't call customer services to find out what's happening. As I said earlier, they are both elderly and they rely on their phones to keep in touch with each other and the rest of the family and friends.

Can anyone tell me if there are any known issues with the VM/ee network in Belfast/Northern Ireland today?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Virgin Mobile network in Belfast atm

Hi MikeyMcG,

try entering your parents post code into the EE Status Checker to see if there are any known area faults.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No harm but I would switch them off of Virgin Mobile if they are Belfast.

Its easier to find streets without flegs than a VM mobile signal in most areas.

A certain large supermarket does a decent deal and piggyback on O2 which I never have a problem getting a signal with.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

No harm but I would switch them off of Virgin Mobile if they are Belfast.

Its easier to find streets without flegs than a VM mobile signal in most areas.

A certain large supermarket does a decent deal and piggyback on O2 which I never have a problem getting a signal with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Sadly this applies ANYWHERE with VM.

Live in the South (Dorset!) and the signal in terrible to non-existant!!

Strangely, EE signal is 5 bar, yet VM (supposed to use EE) is 1 or 2 bars...

My own phone, a Blackberry z10 on VM, and my work phone (Blackberry 9810 on Orange EE)  sit side by side, YET...

Work phone...5 bars own phone 2

Work phone loads web pages TWICE as fast as own phone, yet Z10 is H signal work is 3G??

Poor in this whole area on VM but not EE??  This is whether I am at work or home or out...VM poor. period. 

VM reckon EE so not prioritise yet... (it's not the phones, because if I swap Sims, whichever phone has the VM sim, signal is poor, Orange is good)

As stated, get a RELIABLE service provider.....ditch VM...

0 Kudos
C2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have just posted a similar issue and live in Belfast too.

0 Kudos