Menu
Aszygula
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Signal!

Just got back from Tenerife yesterday, No Virgin Mobile reception since leaving Spain,  working fine out there on Orange, **bleep**! (Pardon the French!) But this is ridiculous! Done the usual tricks, turned the device (HTC M9) off, then on, restarted, taken the sim out, turned airplane mode off, roaming, etc... Thank god for WIFI which incidentally, is also provided by Virgin, this working fine. Have been using WhatsApp to message/making calls while in the house, but can't do that on the move, does anyone have any advice please?

0 Kudos
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Signal!

Change your network?!
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Put your sim in another handset if you get a signal on that then its your handset and it probably will be having heard many horror stories about this over hyped melt in your pocket machine lol, Let me know how you get on

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aszygula,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear your phone has no signal since returning to the UK.

I had a similar issues when I got back from Spain recently. All I had to do was manually scan for a network and then select Virgin. I then had to reboot the phone which then picked up the Virgin network again.

I've included a link here to our phone emulators. You can select your phone and follow the guide for selecting a network manually.

Hope this helps.

Keep me posted.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos