Menu
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No Signal Scratby / Ormesby St. Margaret NR29

Got no mobile signal at all on my Galaxy S3 as of today (was ok before today with both gsm and H+ giving full signal). Tried restarting, flight mode toggling etc. and no dice. Same with other half's Galaxy S2, so I'm thinking the local mast has gone belly-up. I've forced both phones into GSM only mode and still nothing.

There are 2 masts in Ormesby St. Margaret and I suspect something's gone awry. Thing is, there is one Orange mast and one T-Mobile mast, so surely both can't be duff?

Both phones are saying 'Emergency Calls Only'. If I wave the phone about frantically, it will occasionally lock on for a minute or two and say 'Virgin' but there are zero bars on the signal strength meter and then it will drop back to emergency calls only.

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Signal Scratby / Ormesby St. Margaret NR29

Any VM staff able to test/report this please?

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Any VM staff care to respond? Both our phones showing emergency calls only. All day now and still no response. I can confirm it's highly likely to be the mast(s) at Ormesby St. Margaret because I drove past the Water Tower next to Caister Bypass (T-mobile mast on it) and got full signal. I'm getting screamed at by the missus as she needs her phone for shift work, and obviously cannot be reached.

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE

After speaking to VM (called the 03456 000 789 no. from the landline), I can confirm that the cell site between Thoroughfare Lane and North Road, NR29 (T-Mobile mast (now EE)) is completely offline! The engineers are aware of the problem and are currently working to fix it.

As for wondering about the other (Orange) mast which is just down the road from there - it has been decommissioned, so obviously couldn't share the load of the T-Mobile mast. Aren't I good to you Smiley Wink

Whilst on the phone to the techie, I picked his brains about 4g - i.e. asked him if they'll be offering it in the near future - and his response was "...we don't have a timescale...". I only asked because I noticed on the 4g coverage checker on EE that my area was now covered. And since my 2-year contract is up June 7th, I'm gonna be seriously thinking about going with EE.

Will update this thread when the mast is fixed.

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: UPDATE

STILL DOWN!!!

Can a VM rep get on this please and give me a timescale because this is a bit ridiculous.

Just how long before EE fix the mast??? Apparently it went down the day before I reported it, so that's now 3 days offline.

A JOKE!

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

FIXED!!

Seems to be fixed! Back up to full signal and H+ back on. Calls, texts working again. Will report speeds over the coming days (not that anyone not in NR29 will be remotely interested Smiley LOL ).

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Uh oh...

Down again!! Darn it!! Not a dickey-bird!!

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Uh oh...

Back up again!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Down Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
cheeseburger
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well, it's still down. It has occasionally sparked into life for short periods, but has been down for the most part. Have been credited a month's fees on both mine and the missus' phone. Apparently, the engineers have been working on it lol. Doing what exactly I don't know... Anyway, despite the credit to my account, I can't say I'm impressed tbh. Not good enough.
0 Kudos