Menu
Anniel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Service

I have my new iPhone 6 Plus and have it set up but cannot make calls as I have "no service" I have googled and tried all suggestions seen but still no joy.Previously I had no trouble with my Nexus 4. I have a new SIM card in the new phone. I went to settings and in General and then about it says "SIM Not Provisioned.

I need to be able to use this phone so what am I to do now?

Anniel

0 Kudos
R8sm8sl8
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service

Hello Anniel,

I know how frustrating these thing can be, bear in mind that there is always a solution somewhere....even if it means a new Phone!!
I am not sure how long you have had the phone for. It could be that you need to call to have the Sim card initialised or activated If you have not already done so. It could also be a faulty Sim card, or Phone. It is definitely worth calling on 789 (using the old phone?) and explaining the situation.

All the best.
0 Kudos
Anniel
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I found out that my phone was not activated so I rang Virgin aand was told it could take up to 24 hours for the activation to work. Another tip was to keep dialling any numbers for about an hour and the activation would be speeded up. I did this and hey presto my phone became active. 

Anniel

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anniel,

I'm really glad to hear that you got this up and running Smiley Happy

If you ever need anything, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
R8sm8sl8
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anniel,
Great to see you got it sorted.

Enjoy.....!