Menu
Mike40uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Service

I have been without a mobile signal in my area for a week now. Calling customer services I have been told there is no issues with my local transmitter. This to me means it has either been shut down for good or the direction of coverage changed. I have a Vodafone PAYGO sim and the signal from the same transmitter is excellent.

How do I find out what is really happening as there is not point having phones on Virgin I can not use.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Mike40uk
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service

Just to add the postcode for the area is HR2 0TQ

I know it is not the phone as I have two phones on Virgin and neither work until I go out of the area.

0 Kudos
Mike40uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service -Crap service

I would advise anyone from signing up with Virgin as this looks like a common problem across the country. Changes are being made to the networks cutting people off. We have found out there are over 30 people now without phones in this area and all customer services can say is, the local transmitter is not showing any faults.

It won't if it has being turned off!!

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike40uk

Welcome to the community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your service lately.

I've checked the coverage checker and for any known issues in your area and everything is looking well at the moment, you can check this for yourself at any time [here] too.

Have you been able to hard reboot the phone at all? By taking the battery out and replacing it?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mike40uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I take it you could not be bothered to read the posts then.  As much use as customer support.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike40uk,

I apologise for any frustration caused on our part. I can assure you we read all the posts thoroughly. Can you let me know if you're still having issues?

I've run some checks and I can see some checks were recently completed on nearby masts.

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike40UK,

Are you still having issues with this?

Let me know if there's anyhing I can do.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos