Menu
MIAMISTAR28
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Service Abroad

Hello , Basically the last 3x times I've been abroad over last year so. My virgin contract sim has Im afraid not worked once I could not call,text,recieve or do anythink with my phone. I went to Budapest May 2015 did not work, Tenerife August 31st 2015 did not work, And October - November Tenerife it did not work at all.Im have not come on here to rant just fed up that does not work. I purchased a brand new phone in budapest a nokia 225 dual sim.I was using my motorola while there and would not work.I tried new phone with sim no joy.I have as we speak still got all the correct settings in my account from my last trip unchanged so welcome to check.Can anyone help me with this? As Im about to purchase a new sim card from a different service provider because I can not be mobile as Im away 22nd August.need help please?? many thanks.

0 Kudos
MIAMISTAR28
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service Abroad

Is it possible to replace my virgin sim with an updated new one? because my mobile has been checked yesterday and its not locked or anythink.

Please need some help on this matter very frustrating thank you

0 Kudos
MIAMISTAR28
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Been virgin customer for years yet no one will check my account settings.I've tried all basic explanations and did all the actions.Can advisor check my settings please. Because I rang you other day and got nowhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi MIAMISTAR28,

you can check the settings in your account yourself by logging into your Virgin Mobile account then click on  the "Plan and device" tab.

"Roaming" needs to be set to ON & "International call barring" needs to be set to OFF.

It is still a good idea though whilst in the UK to call customer services and have them check that everything is setup correctly their end.

Then if roaming settings are also active on your device things should be OK for you once abroad.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
MIAMISTAR28
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reply. All of the settings I can confirm are all set up correctly.

Roaming is set to on. International call barring is off. I actually used them settings when I was last abroad and did not work.So if used the settings

and did not work...its either sim or phone.My phone has been checked phone shop,its not locked.Its gsm on right frequency for my destination Spain.

I put my phone on all right settings too.

Thats why I mentioned can someone double check,does it need activated your end,as It did not work for me last time.

I have even purchased another new phone too take with me.It is the sim card not my other phone afraid.I did call customer service but when I followed the options to key in,it left me with a dead line. Can you supply a direct line

to customer service please? thanks for help.

Kind Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

from the UK call 789 free from your mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

From abroad the number to call is: +447953 967 967.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey MIAMISTAR28 Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming in and posting, welcome in Smiley Happy

I can see you have mentioned issues whilst abroad and roaming. I would suggest having a little look here, as it may save you a call Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos