Menu
Julie70
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No Servce

I have had no signal at all on my phone today,I have had no problems at all with signal,service etc since having the phone.When I go into settings and into general and take a look at my network,it says I don't have one.Can someone help me,thanks.My phone is iPhone 5s.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Servce

First thing to do is to check if there are problems with the network where you are using the phone

Use THIS as Virgin use the EE network

0 Kudos
Julie70
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have already tried that and it said signal is Excallent,but I still have no service.I did get it back for about 5 minutes but then lost it again.I can use everything on my phone,but have no service.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julie70,

that being the case, I would advise calling customer services on 789 (if you have signal on your mobile) or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone so that they might be able to look into this for you.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My experience of VM is not good. My signal often varies between no signal or 1 dot, with 2 or 3 for short times. They need to issue their mobile TV repairers with signal strength detectors to measure the REAL signal strength not the theory from an EE map.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julie70

Sorry to hear about your signal issues.

I just wanted to check if you managed to get some help with this when you called?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteH

It's not great to hear the issues you're reporting with your signal strength.

Are you finding this is happening in one specific area, or everywhere you go?

Do you still have this issue if you test your SIM in another handset?

Also, do any friends or family members also have Virgin Mobiles and have they noticed similar issues in this area too?

What signal strength does the checker enlli linked to suggest you should be obtaining?

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Julie70
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi it sorted it's self out I didn't have to do anything.Still can't understand it,but everything is working fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julie70

Thanks for getting back in touch.

It's great to hear this has now resolved itself.

I'm confident it's fixed for good, but please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else I can help out with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Almost always a poor signal on the estate where I live, neighbours with other phones do not have as bad a problem. Moving half a mile gets a 5 dots signal, particularly in my local supermarket car park. The EE signal checker says it is perfect but that is based on theory not measured signal. I have 2 dumb Vodaphone phones at home, different owners, and both connect with no problems.

0 Kudos