Menu
joanieb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No SMS Password to retrieve MMS Photo/Video Message

Hi, hope somebody can help!!! I have been sent a few picture/video MMS messages from a friend, exact message reads ,'I've sent you a Virgin Photo/Video Message. Go to https://virgin.mms.ee.co.uk/virgin when I press this the next screen asks me to put my phone number in 447......... and to enter a password sent by SMS. Problem being I have 3 messages to retrieve and have had no SMS messages with any passwords at all so how do I get my photo/video messages. Does not seem logical!! It has happened before, and I lost my messages; I have 7 days to get the messages back. Any help would be helpful, thanks

Spoiler

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
joanieb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No SMS Password to retrieve MMS Photo/Video Message

Hi, no, he sent 3, over a period of 3 days, and gave up after that, can't say I blame him!! As each one didn't have a SMS password and I could not open them, would feel stupid/cheeky to ask him to send them again. Is there any way I can get the messages? As I said this has happened before when my MMS has been faulty. Seems a rubbish system to divert you to a page and not provide you with the necessary tools to access the message!! Rant over!! Guess you haven't got a clue either, as when I rang Virgin they didn't have a clue and told me to ask my friend to resend them as you have,   

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You need to do it from a computer rather than your mobile. I found that he site only worked using Internet Explorer, not Firefox.

Where the site says "password" - that's where you enter the ID that was sent by text.

Good luck - it's a rubbish system. If your phone should be able to receive MMS messages, the quickest way to sort it out for future messages is to send a picture message to yourself. Apparently it loads all the settings automatically if you do that.

0 Kudos
joanieb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply, the only problem being is that I haven't been sent an ID or password to retrieve the message, totally confused by this system!! my MMS messaging is working now but still can't get the old photo messages that we're sent when it wasn't, thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - someone from Virgin will need to help. I only ever received one of these texts, about 18 months ago, and the password was contained within it (albeit called ID rather than PASSWORD).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joanieb,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're unable to access the messaging service. Can you let me know the full message you got regarding this?

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
joanieb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt, please see my first post, all the details are on there, thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joanieb,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

This seems very odd! If you've not been sent a password, there wouldn't be any way to log in to the website. Is your friend able to try and re-send the messages?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
joanieb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, no, he sent 3, over a period of 3 days, and gave up after that, can't say I blame him!! As each one didn't have a SMS password and I could not open them, would feel stupid/cheeky to ask him to send them again. Is there any way I can get the messages? As I said this has happened before when my MMS has been faulty. Seems a rubbish system to divert you to a page and not provide you with the necessary tools to access the message!! Rant over!! Guess you haven't got a clue either, as when I rang Virgin they didn't have a clue and told me to ask my friend to resend them as you have,   

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joanieb,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I understand your frustration with this. If you haven't received a password, then you wouldn't be able to access this. Are you able to use a 3rd party messenger app instead? Such as Whatsapp or Viber.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
joanieb
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your comments and attempts to help, however I really don't think that I should have to use WhatsApp when I pay a substantial amount to use a messaging service on my phone that obviously doesn't work. Virgin should look at this system that diverts you to a site that does not retrieve your missed photo or video message. I give up!! thanks anyway