Menu
Ron123
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Roaming in France and now my iPhone appears blocked

Before my trip to France, I phoned VirginMobile to arrange for a 250MB Travel Pass for £20. This was arranged & added to my account.

On arriving in France I received a text offering me a Travel Pass & to text HELP to 23456 for details.

I haven't been able to Text, Phone or receive & send any Data since even though Roaming & Mobile Data are switched on. I've turned my iPhone off/on several time & tried selecting a Network manually, I can select F SFR manually or Orange F automatically but neither work.

HELP

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Roaming in France and now my iPhone appears blocked

Hi Ron123,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My sincere apologies for the issues you've experienced trying to use your phone abroad.

It sounds as though roaming is active although you may have international call barring active

I would still check you are all setup correctly in Your Account

Click on plan and device > Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to on here. If it isn't move the slider to on and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

You could also try the following steps if roaming is on:

Turn your phone off and then back on again
Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.
Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If you are still experiencing difficulties using roaming give our mobile team a call on +44345 600 789 so we can take a further look into this for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ron123
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen B.

Due to my iPhone being blocked, I have only just seen your reply. I have done all that you suggest except removing battery, not possible with an iPhone. I can now make phone calls but still no internet access yet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ron123,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear you can now make calls

Regarding your data roaming issue. You will need to check Data roaming is active on the handset

I've included a link to our handset guide here which may assist you.

If you are still having issues after checking this I would recommend calling our mobile team on +44345 6000 789 so we can take a look at the data pass for you.

Many thanks
Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ron123,

I didn't hear back from you and I was just wondering how you got on with data roaming in the end.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Andrew1010
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here.

- Couldn't buy travel pass for days as text service was down
- When finally my pass was bought..... Data roaming never worked

I think VM have major issues with their service, never had these issues traveling before

Good luck
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew1010,

Sorry to hear you had some trouble with roaming in France. We want to make sure this is fixed for the next time you travel. Before you travel the next time, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we can add the pass manually. We can also make sure that Data roaming is enabled correctly.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos