Menu
Graham5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Response from VM

A week ago VM contacted me regarding an upgrade on my mobile. I stated that I didn't want an upgrade and wanted to cancel my contract. I was told that it would cost £5.84 as my contract was still live and if I went ahead, my mobile service would stop after 30 days. I agreed to this and have heard nothing else!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Response from VM

Hi Graham5,

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've been advised of an upgrade but not had confirmation that the upgrade has gone through for you. Have you received an update on this since your post?

If you would like for me to check into this, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Thanks for this information, I've checked the notes on your account and can see the agent you spoke with since you sent this message has planned to give you a call back on 28th April to discuss this. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we'd love to hear how it goes.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Graham5
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well it is now 7pm and nobody from Virgin has contacted me. The arrangement was, that I would be contacted today, pm only. This was arranged with Alex who gave me the complaint No.COM101494173.  

What a reliable company!!!

0 Kudos
Graham5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Graham5
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well another day has passed. It is now 3pm on Saturday 25th. I was promised a call from Virgin yesterday and I'm still waiting. My mobile contract was to be cancelled with immediate effect yesterday and it would be explained to me what happens next. It should have been cancelled a few weeks ago on 30 days notice, but due to the incompetence of Virgin it never happened.

It would seem that if you want to purchase from Virgin, they are all over you, but talk cancellation and they freeze!

Do I sound annoyed? You're damn right I am!!

0 Kudos
Graham5
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, I gave up on anybody actually calling me and phoned VM myself.

Spoke to a helpful chap called Kane who has now cancelled my contract, raised another complaint as I had not received a call on 28th and explained that I do not have to do anything else and I may keep the mobile and SIM card.

I have also stopped payment via my bank account for the mobile and insurance.

Do I feel happier? You're damn right I do!

0 Kudos