Menu
Jalipero
Tuning in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

No Mobile Data Connection Today

Since late morning on 10/06/2014 I have had no internet connection on my phone.  I have a phone signal but no Mobile Data.  I can't find a network status page for mobile on the web site.

Thanks

Jass

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Mobile Data Connection Today

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your posts - sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with the data connectivity.

Could I ask you all to double-check the APN settings on your handsets to ensure they are set to 'Virgin Mobile', as we have been made aware from some customers that their APNs have reset in the last couple of days meaning the handset can no longer connect.

You may need to refer to the manufacturer's guide for help on this, but on Android handsets you can check these settings under Settings > Mobile Data > APNs.

If the APN information is incorrect, head over to our Phone Settings page here to get the correct settings sent to your handset.

Let us know how you get on and if you're still having trouble, could you confirm the make and model of the handset you're all using, so we can investigate further.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
kiciol
Joining in
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same, haven't changed anything on my S4, it continuous today to be a problem.

When I search for networks it shows two Virgins. one starts with small letter and one with capital.

area of luton, what is the problem?

0 Kudos
Lialb
Just joined
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. I noticed started yesterday afternoon. I have change and swap Sim cards. Problem still the same. I had a look on the net and some people experienced similar things. Could it be a frequency problem? I don't think is anything wrong with our phones. I contacted the manufacturer to see if they can help! I can connect with Wifi and I can make calls and receive calls. At least Virgin could give some feedback with this as I am as Pay as you go customer and I am not actually using my data boundle right now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your posts - sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with the data connectivity.

Could I ask you all to double-check the APN settings on your handsets to ensure they are set to 'Virgin Mobile', as we have been made aware from some customers that their APNs have reset in the last couple of days meaning the handset can no longer connect.

You may need to refer to the manufacturer's guide for help on this, but on Android handsets you can check these settings under Settings > Mobile Data > APNs.

If the APN information is incorrect, head over to our Phone Settings page here to get the correct settings sent to your handset.

Let us know how you get on and if you're still having trouble, could you confirm the make and model of the handset you're all using, so we can investigate further.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Jalipero
Tuning in
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I had actually just done this when my email pinged to say there were replys to this issue. My apn has always been the t-mobile one and if it ain't broke don't fix utit was my mantra regarding that. Ovbiously something changed either on virgins side or tmobiles side because changing the apn has fixed it.<br><br>Add a new apn called virgin, apn is goto.virginmobile.uk, proxy is 193.30.166.4, port 8080, user name<br>user, leave password blank.<br><br>All working again. My old apn was general.t-mobile.uk, if you is set to this, changing it should sort it.<br><br>Cheers<br><br>Jass.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jalipero

It's great to hear this has fixed the problem for you Smiley Happy

We do recommend that you use the Virgin Media APN going forward as, although the T-Mobile may work on some occasions, it isn't guaranteed to and could cause connectivity issues.

kiciol and Lialb could you let us know how you've got on?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
kiciol
Joining in
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

doesnt work for me.

I used Jalipero settings

I've also tried configuration page. doing manually/ over the configuration sms

Name:  Virgin Media Mobile Internet
Username:  (none)
Password:  (none)
Homepage:  Virgin Media
Server Address:  http://m.virginmedia.com

Name:  Virgin MMS
IP Address:  193.030.166.002
Username:  (none)
Password:  (none)
Homepage:  http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
Server Address:  goto.virginmobile.uk

and it brings NO RESULT.

0 Kudos
kiciol
Joining in
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

and before you ask-

yes I've restarted the mobile

yes I've tried completely different handset with same settings

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

HI kiciol

Sorry to hear you're still having issues here.

Could you just go into Settings > Mobile Data > APNs and confirm that the Virgin Mobile APN is set to default (should have the round dot/tick it on rather than on any other APN profiles).

I've just dropped you a PM too so we can get a little more information and check to make sure there's no issues with the data connectivity in your area.

Keep us posted on it.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
amac31
Joining in
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I have had this issue for 3 weeks now. I have 3 handsets and 3 different numbers and contracts ( mine, my wifes and my sons ) I pay for unlimited data on all 3 accounts but have very poor connection with all 3. Each phone shows a full signal along with the H+ symbol yet if we try to access data it is either very very slow ( 0.14 MBS ) or completely non existent. If we reboot it is ok for a few minutes then starts t.o go slow again . When data is working correctly I can get speeds up to 20MBS ( wish Virgin had 4G). All 3 phones have the latest updates installed and consist of Galaxy S5, S4, and S3 all supplied by Virgin. I am at the point that I going to ask that the contracts be terminated as they are not fit for purpose as I cannot access the services that I pay for.

0 Kudos