Menu
SFraser
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Mobile Data Abroad

I cannot get access to mobile data in Spain. This is my second visit to Spain in the last 2 weeks and every time I have been without data. I have called Virgin from Spain and also the UK trying to solve the issue. I have been told on several occasions that I need to text to buy a data pass. I have done this a number of time and every time it has failed. At first I was told to text while in the UK, this did not work, I was then told to text the number while in Spain, again this did not work. I have tried all the usually stuff like turn the phone off, check roaming, search for networks and nothing works.

Can someone please help? I am close to giving up with Virgin and moving to another network.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Mobile Data Abroad

Hi SFraser,

you can only purchase an EU Data Travel Pass by text once you are abroad in the EU outside of the UK.

Here are a couple of pages you might find helpful: Staying connected with Virgin Mobile and Taking your mobile abroad .

If you are purchasing a Pass correctly but failing to connect to mobile data I would suggest that you give the Team a call so that they can check that data roaming is correctly enabled on your account: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
SFraser
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have text to buy the Data Pass while abroad and it still doesn't work. I have called the team many times and I keep getting the same answer every time.

My data roaming is active, it's just poor service from Virgin. I see from other posts that I am not the only one having this problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SFraser

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties getting you set up for data roaming, I understand this will have been a frustrating time without the access to the web whilst away.

Would it be possible for me to take a look into this for you, even if you are already back in the UK, as I want to make sure this does not happen again.

I have sent you a PM with further details which you can access by clicking the envelope in the top right corner.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos