Menu
Peter_D
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No Mobile Access Abroad

I am on holiday in Tenerife. Phone seemed to switch to Orange but would not allow me to make "international calls". Contacted  789 using another persons phone on another network.

Advisor (Eric) was rude and patronising - told me I had international calls barred on my account and he would rectify within 24 hours. This was two days ago - I now have no mobile service at all. It would appear I have had no service since leaving UK. I need my mobile service back.

Frankly appalling service Virgin Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Mobile Access Abroad

Hi Peter_D,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some issues with making calls while abroad. Can you clarify if the phone is showing any signal or not currently?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Peter_D
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm now back in UK and have full signal - I had a full signal abroad (Orange network) but there was a recorded message stating I could not make international calls.  

After "Eric" reset my accounts I was left with no signal at all; no phone, text or mobile data - message on phone stated "No Service".

So 4 issues -

1) Rudeness and patronising attitude of advisor Eric

2) Inability to make calls; texts etc

3) I bought data passes for both my phones - useless after Wednesday (Eric's "fix)

4) Reset of accounts lost me all use of my phones

I did try to manually connect to available networks but after "fix" this was impossible

So two phones with no use for one week each plus two data passes which i got vry limited use of (and no use after Eric did whatever he did)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter_D,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have no idea what reset was done I'm afraid. There is a call barring option when you log in to your account online here. It's under the 'Manage Service' tab. Some handsets do have the option of international barring in the settings.

I'm not sure if you're eligible for a refund on the travel passes. The best advice I can give to that is to call the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and they can discuss it with you.

I deeply apologise for the massive inconvenience this has caused you. I'd have expected removing the barring would have been simpler.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Peter_D
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich

I have checked my accounts and the international roaming is on.

Also I'm pretty sure I used the phone(s) in Barcelona earlier this year.

I contacted 789 - got another "Eric" in the phillipines - advice was to submit a formal complaint in writing and contact again when bills came in and they'd see what could be done

Not really very helpful and not good customer service at all...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter_D,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Were you able to call out whilst in Barcelona? If you were then it should have worked in Tenerife of course.

International roaming is the setting that allows you to connect to a network abroad. It's called 'Going Abroad' on the mobile site. 'International call barring' is separate to this. Is that switched on?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Peter_D
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

All functions on both phones that should allow international calls appear to be on.

Thanks

P

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter_D

Thanks once again for your prompt response.

I'm going to send you a private message to discuss in more detail. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos