Menu
Paul1200
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Mobil service for two days

My wife has had no mobile service for over two days, no calls(just a message to say the network is busy, try again later), no messages and no data. As she has just changed to Virgin (first month) this does not bode well for the future. According to the coverage checker we should be in an excellent signal area, at best it has been two bars but mostly one.

As she is on a monthly contract, if this does not improve then it's goodby Virgin mobile.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Mobil service for two days

Hi Paul1200,

Sorry to hear your wife is experiencing issues with no Mobile service.

I have managed to locate your details and run a check on your area. As you mentioned signal coverage in the area should be good which according to my checks it is showing healthy. There are no faults currently listed for your area.

You could try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on. Remove the SIM and then put the phone back together.

If there is still an issue after this I would recommend calling our Mobile team on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from a landline.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Paul1200
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen.

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried what you suggested, but to no avail.

Got in touch with Customer service on 0345 6000 789 and after being cut off 3 times, I spoke to someone from Tech section. Went through several checks and sim swopping, turns out it's a sim problem (less than a month old) so a new one has been ordered, should be here tomorrow. Let's hope it will solve the problem.

Will keep you updated with the results.

Regards

Paul1200

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul1200,

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

Had a feeling it might be a SIM related issue. Hopefully the replacement will resolve this for you. 

Any further issues let me know.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos