Menu
Radiodeadon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Data connection on new 4G sim

Installed new 4G sim yesterday - voice and text working ok but no data connection. Have downloaded APN settings but still no joy. Any advice would be welcome.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Data connection on new 4G sim

Seems a common complaint (you are the second today) Sorry I don't have an answer. Some have persisted with 789 and got it working, others are still stuck.

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Seems a common complaint (you are the second today) Sorry I don't have an answer. Some have persisted with 789 and got it working, others are still stuck.

0 Kudos
Radiodeadon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to Virgin rep on 789 - although voice and text working, data connection on 4G sim will not activate until date of monthly renewal. But can't use original 3G sim as that has now been deactivated! No internet connection for 3 weeks outside of WiFi areas. This needs to be highlighted better when people transfer to 4G sim. Basically keep using original sim until end of monthly contract date then swap over.
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You have been misinformed. Someone has just had this sorted by talking to the technical team.

0 Kudos
rod12dox
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spent 1 hour on phone to tech. everything working but only on 3G and wifi connection. it seems 4G gets activated when your monthly payment changes to the new tariff 

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The old 3G sim gets deactivated not the 3G service, so like what has been said already, as soon as your refresh kicks in you'll be able to use 4G unless you're in a poor reception area then it'll default to 3G.
0 Kudos
Radiodeadon
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Followed your advice - spoke to tech section and they have sorted it. Data connection is now working. Back on 3G for a couple of weeks until renewal date then will transfer to 4G.
Thanks to all of you for responding.
0 Kudos
DerekH14
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem - got my new 4G sim card - my 4G not due to be active till 18/12. Could not receive data unless in a wifi zone. Spoke to tech support who sorted this problem out.

0 Kudos
douggowan
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I also had the same problem, after speaking to customer services who were honest and said they couldn't help me but put me through to Technical Support who sorted out the problem.

For some reason both their systems and EE's system had my mobile data turned off and from what I can understand this has been a common problem with the new 4G SIMS.

So if anyone else is having the problem as to be put through to Tech Support

0 Kudos