Menu
Dmudge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No 4g?!

How can virgin justify charging very similar prices for there contracts but not have 4g?! If someone can get unlimited minutes and texts with 8gb of data for £54 a month on 4g, why would they contemplate the same tariff on virgin without 4g?!
Tags (1)
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 4g?!

People do. Virgin have increased their post-pay (mainly through SIM only) but they have lost as many PAYG customers.

Some sign up not realising that things like 4G and Call Forwarding are not standard

garyglazerman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, I've just done the same... moved from EE with 4G to Virgin because I stupidly assumed that as the agent told me that Virgin uses the EE network, I would continue to get a 4G service. Just as well I only got the 30 day rolling contract on my SIM and didn't upgrade my phone, thereby tying me in to a longer contract.
Harjit1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there
I've pretty much done the same thing :/
I think I regret moving to Virgin now, although they have great deals, but because there is no wifi calling/4g like EE have.
0 Kudos
Dmudge
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Luckily I didn't actually do it. I was shopping around and thought it would be a good idea to tie them together. But they don't provide 4g so I'm not paying the same money that I can pay to another company that provide 4g
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Dmudge
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Luckily I didn't actually do it. I was shopping around and thought it would be a good idea to tie them together. But they don't provide 4g so I'm not paying the same money that I can pay to another company that provide 4g
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garyglazerman,

Welcome back Smiley Happy

Thank you for choosing our services for your mobile, it's great to have you with us Smiley Happy

4G isn't something we have right now, but I'm sure that there's always something in the pipeline for the future. If we do have any news on the 4G, we'll be sure to let you know about it! Smiley Happy

If you do need anything in the meantime, our team and myself are here to support you Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos