Menu
Radiodeadon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No 4G service even after refresh date

I upgraded to a 4G sim which kicked in on my refresh date 25 Dec. but the data connection is still never anything but H+ and actual speed is same as previous 3G. Despite calls and a sim 'refresh' from tech. section still no joy. I've noticed however that the only Virgin Operator connection appearing on the list of available preferred operators is the 3G connection and not 4G. All the other main operators (O2, EE etc) are showing as 4G available. I know the issue is not the handset as I swapped the sim card for an O2 one and this showed the 4G symbol as the data connection. Anyone have an answer?
0 Kudos
samjo345
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 4G service even after refresh date

I'm having the same issue.
I've had 4g contract for about six weeks but I'm yet to get 4g or anything even higher than 10mbps.
No one seems to be able to say why. I've got two different phones so they can't blame the model (iPhone and an android phone)
Be interesting if someone from virgin would answer.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radiodeadon

I'm sorry to hear that you're not picking up a 4G connection there. Is it happening specifically in the home area alone or do you find it also happens when you are out and about?

Many regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Radiodeadon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave
Thanks for getting in touch. Its happening wherever I am, both home area and out and about across the city. As I mentioned previously I'm wondering if it is because there is no Virgin 4G option within the list of available carriers, always defaults to Virgin 3G as this is the only Virgin carrier signal available. Other carriers 4G option are listed but not Virgin.
0 Kudos
Assassin
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am also getting this issue on my blackberry passport which was working fine with 4G from Giffgaff.

Since I have switched I have been unable to get a 4G signal.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radiodeadon

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I'd like to take a closer look at your account so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope up in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos